Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I can only relate the time I stormed my Ducati dealer demanding an expansion tank under warrantee because mine was
"cracked". I knew way more than my dealer. They gave me a free tank OVER the counter then told me to get the F out.
It was my pompous knowledgeable attitude that got me into trouble. Come to Rhode Island where Tasca Ford provides
STELLAR service

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Guys, I need some help. Am I able to escalate my concerns to Ford about my dealership experience? I have had this car in the shop 4 separate times for the same dang oil leak. The first time they replaced the banjobolt. The second time they resealed the timing cover. The third time they put dye in it and said it was coming from the brass washers around the turbo feed line. Just picked the car up today and guess what they said?! It was coming from the brass washers!!! They have replaced the dang brass crush washers around the banjo bolt 3 times! This most recent trip, I stapled pictures of the leak and the addendum to the head gasket install procedures b/c I was concerned that the leak is coming from the head gasket. I was at the dealership for about an hour arguing my point to the manager and they could give me no answer except that they cannot guarantee that the leak will go away. What kind of answer is that?

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Know what you are going through here.
Incompetent d1cks is what 90% of Ford dealers and service people are.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Guys, I need some help. Am I able to escalate my concerns to Ford about my dealership experience? I have had this car in the shop 4 separate times for the same dang oil leak. The first time they replaced the banjobolt. The second time they resealed the timing cover. The third time they put dye in it and said it was coming from the brass washers around the turbo feed line. Just picked the car up today and guess what they said?! It was coming from the brass washers!!! They have replaced the dang brass crush washers around the banjo bolt 3 times! This most recent trip, I stapled pictures of the leak and the addendum to the head gasket install procedures b/c I was concerned that the leak is coming from the head gasket. I was at the dealership for about an hour arguing my point to the manager and they could give me no answer except that they cannot guarantee that the leak will go away. What kind of answer is that?
Its the kind of answer someone that doesn't want your custom gives you.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I shudder every time I have to go to the dealer for anything. Imagine bringing in your brand new six figure CFTP Shelby GT500 for service? They have no clue!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Time for a new dealer. Find one that has done several successful headgasket replacements, you might need a new one. Check the post-HG issues thread.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I feel better now that I found a good dealer with a good service advisor and a good young tech who cares about what he’s doing!

At the dealership right now for an oil change and just spent 30min checking the car with him before he actually started the oil change.

I ask for him everytime and I’m allowed to stand around while the job gets done! Wouldnt want it any other way!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have always sworn off Ford service centers because of issues, especially when they messed up my GT500 Mustang years back. I took my RS last month to get an oil change because I wanted to get the car checked for post-HG oil leaks. I have not replaced my ramps yet to do this myself, and I have a solid warranty on the car so I wanted it done by a Ford SC.

So I had to actually tell them the oil the car used, because they just wanted to put the standard Focus 5w-20 semi-synth in the car. So they had to order the oil. After it was done, I checked the paperwork and the dip stick, and they only put in 4 quarts or oil...….

I brought this to their attention and they added another 1.7 quarts. Needless to say after this I am back to doing all my own maintenance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Feel your pain. I went through very similar issues when before the head gasket issue and the motor replacement. Contact Ford directly to have everything documented. I just found bolts that under the last warranty of the down pipe being replaced that were never put back in and the same leak at the banjo washers for the third time. Once the car was out of warranty I felt relieved that I will now do all the work myself and what I cant do my best friend has been a mechanic for thirty years and either guides me through the repair just tells me to step aside. He couldn't believe everything he has seen me go through with the dealerships either. GOOD LUCK. Just keep notes of everything and find another dealer if possible.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have always sworn off Ford service centers because of issues, especially when they messed up my GT500 Mustang years back. I took my RS last month to get an oil change because I wanted to get the car checked for post-HG oil leaks. I have not replaced my ramps yet to do this myself, and I have a solid warranty on the car so I wanted it done by a Ford SC.

So I had to actually tell them the oil the car used, because they just wanted to put the standard Focus 5w-20 semi-synth in the car. So they had to order the oil. After it was done, I checked the paperwork and the dip stick, and they only put in 4 quarts or oil...….

I brought this to their attention and they added another 1.7 quarts. Needless to say after this I am back to doing all my own maintenance.

5W-20 at a Ford Dealership ... Be glad you managed to catch this or they would have blamed you when the time came to visit them for destroying your engine. A buddy of mine with a Jaguar got a new engine because the dealership messed up the maintenance and put the wrong oil in it. Some people got fired after this incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 30 of 30 Posts