Ford Focus RS Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
This thread got me curious, so I went and looked up 2016-2018 STIs and Golf R's.

16 miles from me right now there is a 2018 Subaru STI Limited with 7000 miles on it listed at a dealer for $30499. If you bump a year or two back you easily get down in the upper 20s.

It looks like 2016-2017 VW Golf R's are listed for $29-34k, depending on how many miles they have on them.

So ~30k *trade in* on a 1-2 year old RS doesn't really sound that far fetched to me, given that trade in is always much less than private party values.

The sky isn't falling... Yet...

·
Registered
339 Posts
This thread got me curious, so I went and looked up 2016-2018 STIs and Golf R's.

16 miles from me right now there is a 2018 Subaru STI Limited with 7000 miles on it listed at a dealer for $30499. If you bump a year or two back you easily get down in the upper 20s.

It looks like 2016-2017 VW Golf R's are listed for $29-34k, depending on how many miles they have on them.

So ~30k *trade in* on a 1-2 year old RS doesn't really sound that far fetched to me, given that trade in is always much less than private party values.

The sky isn't falling... Yet...
I think some are in shock because they paid that extra $10K limited edition ADM. RS's sitting on lots isnt going to help neither. But I believe that values will stay steady in the mid $15K- $25K depending on mileage/condition once Ford gets into the whole Hybrid thing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think Subaru resale/trade in is finally starting to go down vs previous years/generations. Likely because Subaru has made far more 2015+ WRX/STI's than previous generations (supply and demand). Just for comparison, I received the very first 2015 WRX in my state and drove the car 16 months and traded it in for exactly $1200 less than I paid for it. The car was in great condition, and this was consistent with the other WRX I owned and traded in in less than 2 years.

Just doing a quick search within 100 miles of me I do see some 2017+ STI Limiteds in the $29-32K price range, but they are all higher mileage (over 30K miles). Most are priced $34-37K. Which means if dealers list it for that trade in was probably $30-33K at the most.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is making you want to trade in the CTR for the RS?
The CTR felt too big and I felt the RS is just the right size. I also love the Nitrous Blue color on the RS.. (I had the CW CTR)... I admit the CTR styling looks good but I get bored with car easy and just looking for some change..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ford Dealer keeps asking for my 2017 RS2. They'll give me a little over 39k for it on a trade in. I paid a little over 43k for it and it has 48k miles.

They seem to be pushing their F-150 XLT 4X4.

Presidents' Trade Event.

Anybody else getting this deal?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
They are just trying to get you into a new payment scheme

They though mine was a generic focus and offered me 13k, I laughed at them

Ford Dealer keeps asking for my 2017 RS2. They'll give me a little over 39k for it on a trade in. I paid a little over 43k for it and it has 48k miles.

Presidents' Trade Event.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
They’re holding their value extremely well. I have two listed near me for 43k cad and 39k cad. Whereas the sti/golf r/s3 are already worth way less but cost morep

·
Registered
446 Posts
They are just trying to get you into a new payment scheme

They though mine was a generic focus and offered me 13k, I laughed at them

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yea...That's what I figured. I don't need that. I'm looking for a decent used mid sized 4x4 truck. Maybe a Tacoma for winter driving.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

Presidents' Trade Event.

They'll probably give the RS a wash and put a $42k sticker on it, then try to get you to pay MSRP on the truck...

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
I bought my RS not for the Resale value.....

Hell freezes over before I trade in mine.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
While i don't care for the resale value.... San Diego PD will care with the noise...

·
Registered
446 Posts
They'll probably give the RS a wash and put a $42k sticker on it, then try to get you to pay MSRP on the truck...
I would never trade my RS in. The RS is too damn special.
From a stop, when you can do launch control around a 90 degree turn/angle and not experience under-steer or over-steer, you don't trade such a thing.

I was just wondering if anybody else here has been badgered by their Ford Dealer to trade in their RS and how much your trade is worth.

I'm not too sure what my Ford Dealer would say it's worth AFTER this "President' trade event".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any time a dealer “wants” your car it isn’t because it is so desirable they want to make money off of it. They want to make money off of you and in return they will always make money off the trade. No dealership is ever going to buy your car and sell you something at a loss despite what they are telling you.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts