Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my RS used with 4300 miles on it and I have to take it in for Ford to replace my dash due to an imperfection. I was looking at the valet mode and I went to mess with it but the old owner must have set a PIN number and I cant access that function. Does anyone know if it's possible to reset the pin for valet mode? Really would prefer the mechanics to not have a joy ride while I'm away.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
The valet mode is useless and only affects head unit functions I believe.

I also tried it when leaving the car for the FSA...it is not what we think it is at first! Maybe someone else can confirm though!

·
Registered
456 Posts

I also tried it when leaving the car for the FSA...it is not what we think it is at first! Maybe someone else can confirm though!
That matches my experience: just entertainment/ head unit impact. Perhaps I failed to set things up correctly, but I was still able to select mode and drive aggressively in valet mode.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I think there is a button combination to do a full reset of the Sync system, not just the reboot. I would think a full reset would wipe the pin. Or, dealer should be able.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think there is a button combination to do a full reset of the Sync system, not just the reboot. I would think a full reset would wipe the pin. Or, dealer should be able.
Try holding these below down on start or after its started...should get you into a factory menu or something.
"Volume down + (F1)" = forward 1?
I don't know what F1 is exactly...but I assume its forward 1.
I haven't tested it myself, as I am working atm, but it comes from a good source that seems to be accurate.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts