Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Why are you looking for a Cam upgrade? Thats generally one of the last things done. Most people never ditch the OEM cam and just upgrade the turbo which will shift the power band to the right anyways.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Higher duration cams won’t really increase torque. They’ll shift the power band to the right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cams are higher lift also, I wasn't asking the question I asked to debate cam profiles and how they work, I was asking the question to anyone that had done the cam upgrades, so that I might be able to compare what their outcome on dyno results compared to oe cams and my dyno data that I have. But thanks for your input I'll keep it mind.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

Enjoy the read. Search is your friend.

I imagine the folk who have responded to your thread are trying to see why you want cams as there are way easier ways to get power than that. From the Mountune site:
"Our race proven "V2" profile with added lift and duration enhances top end power and works extremely well with larger than stock turbochargers"

MRX head + V3 cams:
"This head is ideal for those running a larger than stock turbocharger."

Your car and your money, when you do the upgrade and put the car on the dyno do share your results.

·
Registered
441 Posts
First things you all should be doing is getting rid of engine heat first... ditching everything that holds heat under da hood....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not done the Mountune V3 I’ve done the Piper BP285T, but check out the profiles of both
I was actually looking more seriously toward the V-2 cams because off the duration of the V-3s, what rpm do you start making max torque, and was wondering how linear the torque curve is, or is it a spiked curve, on my current tune with stock cams I'm making max torque @ 3280 rpm but it's consistent all the way to around 6800 rpm.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had it lived (custom) mapped to set it all up and it works a treat all the way round to 7k it makes power.
I think the Mountune V2 is a Piper BP270T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had it lived (custom) mapped to set it all up and it works a treat all the way round to 7k it makes power.
I think the Mountune V2 is a Piper BP270T
Thanks for the info, appreciate you taking the time, looking for more torque out of my RS but not wanting to go to a bigger turbo just yet.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mountune is definitely spelt Thieves hahaha how the hell can a V3 cam kit be priced at sub $1300 on the 18th October and is now $1850 on the 21st October
People just buy the Original and still the best either the Piper BP285T (V3) or BP270T (V2) and you’ll save yourself $500 - $700

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mountune is definitely spelt Thieves hahaha how the hell can a V3 cam kit be priced at sub $1300 on the 18th October and is now $1850 on the 21st October

People just buy the Original and still the best either the Piper BP285T kit (V3) or BP270T kit (V2) and you’ll save yourself $500 - $700

Now they have the cam only at $1300 ish.

It’s your dollar it’s your choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts