Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm converting one of my old cars to Electric and as part of that, I will be using a donor rear subframe, suspension and linkages from a more modern car. For a variety of reasons, I think the Focus RS 2016+ might be a good choice. I'm trying to find someone near where I live so I can take somee targeted pics and make a lot of dimensional measurements. Every week, I'm in both NYC and Eastern Pennsylvania near East Stroudsburg so anywhere in or around or between those locations would be cool.

I'm happy to chat about this project as well. The target vehicle is not a Ford...and I'll bet nobody in this forum has ever seen the target model...maybe never even seen a model from the company who made this car!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm converting one of my old cars to Electric and as part of that, I will be using a donor rear subframe, suspension and linkages from a more modern car. For a variety of reasons, I think the Focus RS 2016+ might be a good choice. I'm trying to find someone near where I live so I can take somee targeted pics and make a lot of dimensional measurements. Every week, I'm in both NYC and Eastern Pennsylvania near East Stroudsburg so anywhere in or around or between those locations would be cool.

I'm happy to chat about this project as well. The target vehicle is not a Ford...and I'll bet nobody in this forum has ever seen the target model...maybe never even seen a model from the company who made this car!
Or u go to pick a part and grab one for 200$ and call it a day. All focus use same one minis rs which has a couple gross oem welded in sections and mounts for diff. All of this is easily done on a stock oem focus subframe and hella of a lot faster and cheaper. Last I looked a stock rear rs subframe was well over 1200! That’s ridiculous for what u get.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also agree with just finding a regular MK3 Focus subframe for measurement purposes if an RS is too hard to come by. As stated above they are the same frame with differential mounts and strengthening added.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How would you take pictures and measurements do you have a lift to put the car on? I’m in New York and I may be willing to allow you to take a look under my car
Thanks...Where are you located?...I could probably pay a local service facility to put your car on a lift while I do my thing...I could probably pay them to fill it with premium fuel and do a full synthetic oil change as well. :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Thanks...Where are you located?...I could probably pay a local service facility to put your car on a lift while I do my thing...I could probably pay them to fill it with premium fuel and do a full synthetic oil change as well. :)
Did you read his post, that you quoted?
It mentions that he's in New York!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I’m on Long Island, I’d honestly like to take a look under the car at the same time as you and do some adjustments while I’m under there so don’t worry about servicing it

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Respectfully submitted.
We have 2 New York’s. State & city.
I live 15 min. from N.Y., but 8 hours from New York.
Right, makes sense. But no sense at the same time!?🤣
My apologies to all.
🙂

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
OP: if you want to see another crazy project like you propose, check out this thread from my old site. Lots of things that David ran into may apply to a project like yours

I keep in touch with him, if you need any pointers or ideas, I may be able to put you in touch, although I offer that not really grasping how different between gas and EV projects may be

1 - 13 of 13 Posts