Ford Focus RS Forum banner

381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Red is one of my favorite colors to detail. Easy to shine up, and hides a lot of things.

And the 3 owner car shouldn’t scare you. These are enthusiast cars. Not many people are shelling out $35k for hatch backs just to beat the snot out of them. Higher performance cars like these tend to have more owners than a typical car because car guys that are interested in them tend to move onto the next thing each your or two...
There are also people flipping, popular cars. A couple in our neighborhood does this. They drive some very cool cars, but not for long. As he says, $500 here $1000 there, adds up!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If your into cars this is both fun and profitable. Getting dealer license is expensive up front, but needed for this to do well. Allows no sales tax on purchase, slap dealer plate on, blanket insurance coverage, and best, doesn’t add another owner to the title while you possess it. My buddy does this thru his body shop. Allows him to flip all kinds of cool cars. If you don’t have to pay any tax it makes it so much easier to move them and flip

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Actually the ‘18 LE RR in NorCal with only 7.7k miles & one owner is clearly the better car + it’s in CA. & the windows are already dark, so just buy it & keep it clean.... They seem willing to deal however I’m not sure I can handle RR. I’ve never owned a red vehicle so I’m not sure how dirty it gets, streaking w/ spray detailers etc. I was hoping to find an FW but those are difficult to find.
FW shows all the soot on the hatch a lot more, and the white is bright so fallout shows up more easily. If I could, I'd have gotten a red one instead. Go for it, this is the car that matches all of your criteria and the color is among the easiest to maintain.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Would it be a bad idea to buy an RS that says ‘accident reported’ on its Carfax, but it’s at a Ford Dealer & only has 8k miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 RS
140 Posts
Would it be a bad idea to buy an RS that says ‘accident reported’ on its Carfax, but it’s at a Ford Dealer & only has 8k miles?

Only you can answer that...

Reactions: PokerRun388

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Only you can answer that...

If it was you, would you rather buy a 2017 at a Ford Dealer with only 8k miles & still under its 3/36 until 03/21 for 34k but has an accident on record? Or a 2016 private party w/9k miles no accidents but an expired 3/36 for 31k!

Assuming both are the same color & head gaskets completed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just buy an 18 LE for 31k with 13000 mile no accident

·
Registered
188 Posts
You mean the RR you bought for $32,995? I saw it however wasn’t convinced I wanted a red car + it was 2000 miles away & would require a 1500* shipping chargeZ

u must believe then you can be released my son

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
u must believe then you can be released my son

A major dealership would not sell an ‘18 RR LE for $31000 even, especially if asking $32995, Not gonna happen. I’m seeing 2016s with 30k miles being advertised for 37k, it’s stupid. They were already giving the RR away at $33k, probably because they didn’t know what it was. Not everyone however wants to daily drive a red car. Had the internet sales rep. done their homework, they could’ve easily sold it for 36-38k.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A major dealership would not sell an ‘18 RR LE for $31000 even, especially if asking $32995, Not gonna happen. I’m seeing 2016s with 30k miles being advertised for 37k, it’s stupid. They were already giving the RR away at $33k, probably because they didn’t know what it was. Not everyone however wants to daily drive a red car. Had the internet sales rep. done their homework, they could’ve easily sold it for 36-38k.

Well again I am sorry you feel this way and that you didn't get the deal. I am a person who go in with a number in mind. The sales rep I spoke with told me they drop from 34995 to 32995 the week before. I offered of 28K out the door price. They came back 31995. I said 31K and I will take it. Deal done. You should never pay what they advertise. For my 2017 FW RS Brand new (RS2 Package Fully loaded) I paid 36000 out the door. Remember we are in times that dealerships are in need of sales. Enough said have a nice day

Reactions: nwnerd

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well again I am sorry you feel this way and that you didn't get the deal. I am a person who go in with a number in mind. The sales rep I spoke with told me they drop from 34995 to 32995 the week before. I offered of 28K out the door price. They came back 31995. I said 31K and I will take it. Deal done. You should never pay what they advertise. For my 2017 FW RS Brand new (RS2 Package Fully loaded) I paid 36000 out the door. Remember we are in times that dealerships are in need of sales. Enough said have a nice day
Exactly. I don't know any sales guy that isn't willing to be flexible if he has a guaranteed sale. It also helps if they've been struggling to hit their target numbers. @PokerRun388 It's all about your attitude and how you carry yourself. It would most likely be more effective if it were an in-person interaction (it's a lot easier to say no over the phone). I know that's not always possible, but perhaps you could suggest doing a video conference call like on Google Hangouts Meet, Zoom, or whatever service you normally use. At this point, I think you're just finding excuses not to buy this car. And that's okay. Nothing wrong with that. Just be aware of how crippling and time consuming that is the longer it goes on. At some point you just have to cut bait and move on. I think some of the members on here are getting a little fed up with the "broken record" song and dance, so don't be surprised if you start encountering more pushback if you continue down this path. Just trying to offer some friendly advice. Good luck!

381 - 393 of 393 Posts