Ford Focus RS Forum banner

361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
I bought it for 31000 haha

Dealers won’t drop the prices that much on a FoRS because they don’t have to.... highly unlikely that an advertised $ 32995 or $34985 RS was sold for $31000 even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dealers won’t drop the prices that much on a FoRS because they don’t have to.... highly unlikely that an advertised $ 32995 or $34985 RS was sold for $31000 even.

Sorry you feel that way...;)

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts

You can still ask. When I picked up my RS I haggled, I have not paid sticker for my cars in a while.

My RS was the last brand new NB LE in SoCal and Vegas.

Paid below invoice for it.

Reactions: PokerRun388

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Sorry you feel that way...;)

Are we talking about the ‘18 LE RR w/13.3k miles that was advertised for $32995? If so, there is ZERO chance that dealership sold that car for $31000. But if they did, you should wait until your title comes & flip that car for $37000 & make a 6k profit. Based on today’s prices, they were already giving it away at $32995, assuming it was 100% stock with no title or accident issues.

·
Registered
2016 RS
140 Posts
@PokerRun388 ... go buy an RS.. please, I can’t take this anymore...

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Right place, right time, right car. Some dealers want to move inventory and do volume, while others want to squeeze as much as they can out anything special. "Brings people in" they say. I'll never be a sucker and overpay for a car. I think I paid $41.5k on my brand new 18. Was pretty stoked about getting it under sticker since some dealers were asking $2500 over sticker for non 18s in February-April 2018.

Anyway. Find a broker, set some parameters, and pay a little more while being willing to ship a car. Or wait until the next hot thing comes out knocking these prices down a bit. The second a 400hp awd car like this pops up whether it's an STI or an Evo or what, owners will go an jump into one of those. Or just find a new VW R and put $2,500 into it to get it to ~350hp.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
That SB in Atlanta is pretty clean. Only about $1000-1500 to ship it across country though, or fly out and drive it back! you'll have the hand of the car by the time you hit Colorado and won't regret it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Are we talking about the ‘18 LE RR w/13.3k miles that was advertised for $32995? If so, there is ZERO chance that dealership sold that car for $31000. But if they did, you should wait until your title comes & flip that car for $37000 & make a 6k profit. Based on today’s prices, they were already giving it away at $32995, assuming it was 100% stock with no title or accident issues.

Yea that is the one and no accident issues of any kind. Just 3 small paint chips up front. I will take a video when I pick it up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
‘18 LE RR just listed, 3-owners & 11k Miles at a Mazda Dealer for 40k. Lol maybe prices will come down in the winter time. 3-owners in 2yrs? Poor car......

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
‘18 LE RR just listed, 3-owners & 11k Miles at a Mazda Dealer for 40k. Lol maybe prices will come down in the winter time. 3-owners in 2yrs? Poor car......

Have you tried calling them and try to talk them down?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
Have you tried calling them and try to talk them down?

Actually the ‘18 LE RR in NorCal with only 7.7k miles & one owner is clearly the better car + it’s in CA. & the windows are already dark, so just buy it & keep it clean.... They seem willing to deal however I’m not sure I can handle RR. I’ve never owned a red vehicle so I’m not sure how dirty it gets, streaking w/ spray detailers etc. I was hoping to find an FW but those are difficult to find.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
I loved my old EG Civic, red with a CF hood.

Not that bad to maintain.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Actually the ‘18 LE RR in NorCal with only 7.7k miles & one owner is clearly the better car + it’s in CA. & the windows are already dark, so just buy it & keep it clean.... They seem willing to deal however I’m not sure I can handle RR. I’ve never owned a red vehicle so I’m not sure how dirty it gets, streaking w/ spray detailers etc. I was hoping to find an FW but those are difficult to find.

I honestly don't think it's going to get much better than that. A 2018 AND they're willing to deal?! I mean it checks all the boxes other than color. You won't even notice the color when you're behind the wheel after a while. I'm like you, where I could never see myself in a bright colored car like the NB or RR, which is why I went with SG because it's"subtly unique." But after seeing them in person, they are striking enough that I would love driving either one of them. Even with my SG, sometimes I wish I had went with NB. If you don't go after this one, I have a strong feeling you're going to regret it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
I honestly don't think it's going to get much better than that. A 2018 AND they're willing to deal?! I mean it checks all the boxes other than color. You won't even notice the color when you're behind the wheel after a while. I'm like you, where I could never see myself in a bright colored car like the NB or RR, which is why I went with SG because it's"subtly unique." But after seeing them in person, they are striking enough that I would love driving either one of them. Even with my SG, sometimes I wish I had went with NB. If you don't go after this one, I have a strong feeling you're going to regret it.

The build date is 02/18, so it’s good to go + it wasn’t first sold until 10/26/18, so it has a lot of warranty left. I checked the CARFAX on their site. I’ve been thinking about it all week & they told me two days ago that it’s the end-of-the month & they would reduce a little to make the sale.....

Also, after seeing the pics from your meetup, whomever had the stock RR with the black wheels did look amazing in the pics.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The build date is 02/18, so it’s good to go + it wasn’t first sold until 10/26/18, so it has a lot of warranty left. I checked the CARFAX on their site. I’ve been thinking about it all week & they told me two days ago that it’s the end-of-the month & they would reduce a little to make the sale.....

Also, after seeing the pics from your meetup, whomever had the stock RR with the black wheels did look amazing in the pics.

I think that's why the RR looks so good in person. The red and black contrast looks AMAZING! You gotta go after her! This is the one!

·
Registered
735 Posts

Forget about the spray detailers, they are shi7.
Get it ceramic coated or do it yourself, and be done with it, no streaking no nothing, even bird shi7 will hose straight off it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Red is one of my favorite colors to detail. Easy to shine up, and hides a lot of things.

And the 3 owner car shouldn’t scare you. These are enthusiast cars. Not many people are shelling out $35k for hatch backs just to beat the snot out of them. Higher performance cars like these tend to have more owners than a typical car because car guys that are interested in them tend to move onto the next thing each your or two...

361 - 380 of 394 Posts