Ford Focus RS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 393 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
RR RS looks great, the tail matches the paint.

Not sure if RR is more prone than NB when it comes to cops.

Seen RS gets decent mpg. when you drive it conservative, there is a thread for it.

Fill-up frequency..... pretty much everyone fills-up longer now due not going anywhere.

Reactions: PokerRun388

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nope! I’m just a regular guy..... I’m just concerned about the ‘18 LE RR being a little ‘too bright’ & possibly getting the attention of cops. I’ve never detailed a red car either, so I’m concerned about streaks & showing dust. Also, I’m just very curious as to why the RS doesn’t get close to the MPG numbers vs. the Focus ST? It’s only 98HP more & the same body style? I would hope that using the auto start/stop fuel button at signals & using normal mode that the RS could get mid-20s MPG city numbers? And go every other week between fill-ups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assuming you actually buy a car:

1) if you're legitimately concerned about gas mileage, you'll never be driving the car in a way that attracts cops/attention

2) "I've never detailed a red car... steaks and dust"
LMAO compared to the black cars you've been talking about?!

3) "I would hope that auto start/stop saves gas"
Again, there is a huge difference between buying and affording a car. If you're that concerned about keeping the car fueled, you can't afford it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nope! I’m just a regular guy..... I’m just concerned about the ‘18 LE RR being a little ‘too bright’ & possibly getting the attention of cops. I’ve never detailed a red car either, so I’m concerned about streaks & showing dust. Also, I’m just very curious as to why the RS doesn’t get close to the MPG numbers vs. the Focus ST? It’s only 98HP more & the same body style? I would hope that using the auto start/stop fuel button at signals & using normal mode that the RS could get mid-20s MPG city numbers? And go every other week between fill-ups?

Just a ‘regular’ guy my a$$. Do yourself a favor, go buy a brand new Prius, spray paint it blue and stencil ‘Ford Focus RS’ on both sides and bolt an Indy car wing on the back of it. Nobody will know the difference and you’ll have low mileage RS with a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not the type of car I even worry about the mileage. I just wish it had a larger tank.
I gotta say I agree. This is usually one of the trade-offs of owning a high performance car like this. Not to sound like a douche, but if your budget is so tight that you are concerned with how much it's going to cost in fill ups, this probably isn't the car for you. Probably better off going with something like a Civic Si.

Reactions: syner

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
I gotta say I agree. This is usually one of the trade-offs of owning a high performance car like this. Not to sound like a douche, but if your budget is so tight that you are concerned with how much it's going to cost in fill ups, this probably isn't the car for you. Probably better off going with something like a Civic Si.
I'm sure that @PokerRun388 has his reasons, we can either give him advise or ignore him. For now I do the former.

Just a ‘regular’ guy my a$$. Do yourself a favor, go buy a brand new Prius, spray paint it blue and stencil ‘Ford Focus RS’ on both sides and bolt an Indy car wing on the back of it. Nobody will know the difference and you’ll have low mileage RS with a 5 year warranty.
Not a swipe at him but to comment on your Prius joke.... But I recall when I go overseas and see 125cc motorcycles, taxi or what not with a brand that does not even relate to what they drive... I gve you this:

This one above is one of the more tastefully done as it does match the Bike

·
Registered
46 Posts
I finally decided to do a Google search on pokerrun388. This person has been asking this exact question and complaining about RS prices since 2018. They posts a lot on boat forums as well. The Instagram is full of offshore and hot boats. This person has posted a ton on other Focus forums for years. When asked about what they do for a living this person seems to ghost on the question. On the boat forums they have offered this person multiple times to come join up with some of them and again ghosts or just says no.

Take all this for what you want. I was just getting tired of everyone offering advice and help for them to keep on ignoring it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I didn’t become a member of this site until after I bought my 2018 RR RS. Same thing with my Corvette but I probably owned the Corvette for about 25 years before I joined the Corvette Forum. This is probably the best policy. Now I am looking for an Edge ST forum because that might be the next vehicle I buy. The other choice is another RS but NB this time. I want to replace my 2010 Focus SES. There are a bunch of other cars I like but these two make the most sense currently.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I finally decided to do a Google search on pokerrun388. This person has been asking this exact question and complaining about RS prices since 2018. They posts a lot on boat forums as well. The Instagram is full of offshore and hot boats. This person has posted a ton on other Focus forums for years. When asked about what they do for a living this person seems to ghost on the question. On the boat forums they have offered this person multiple times to come join up with some of them and again ghosts or just says no.

Take all this for what you want. I was just getting tired of everyone offering advice and help for them to keep on ignoring it.
Speaking of boats, today we had a “fifth floor nurse” on board. She doesn’t no anything about the RS market, but assured me after the conversation, what he needs ain’t in a car lot.
This table is running cold, I’m cashing out. Vaya Con Dios

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got all excited because a dealer in Fontana just listed a ‘16 SB w/only 12k miles. I checked the carfax & it shows damage reported in 02/19. No pics listed yet, so it probably just came in. The ‘16 FW at Villa Ford shows an accident & has 22k miles. All I want to do is go test drive a nice low mileage one with no accidents or damage reports & everything that pops up locally has been abused or has high mileage.

The Chevy Dealer in NorCal seems willing to deal a little on the ‘18 LE RR & it’s pristine with a lot of warranty left $ only 7.7k miles, but it’s red. Until now, I’ve never thought about owning a red car, however this particular RR looks pretty amazing.

How to buy a pristine, extremely low-mileage RS for fair market value in California...

1. Listed with CarGuru's on Friday afternoon.
2. Received first inquiry within an hour.
3. Setup test drive with same potential buyer for this afternoon.
4. He drove from San Jose to see and test drive the car - a 2hr drive - and showed up 15min. early.
5. 30 min. later I have a full asking price offer from said buyer.
6. Next week he will take ownership of the cleanest pre-owned RS in California b/c he took action.

I remember giving you sound advice last year about how to go about finding your "dream car" even if it meant broadening your search nationwide (the exact route I took to find my eventual RS).

Clearly, it still is, but will only ever remain just that, a dream. Because if you can't stop overanalyzing, critiquing and talking yourself out of every opportunity, all you're going to have at the end of the day to show for it is an empty driveway.

Look, not trying to diminish some of your valid concerns about buying a pre-owned high-performance car, but at some point you've got to pull the trigger or seriously reevaluate your true desire for an RS.

'Cause this one's gone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just for laughs i went to the for sale forum. There is easily 5 cars right at the top that are all RS2/Forged cars with low miles that seem to be well taken care of for $28k-33k.
What would be the problem with any of them?
Hell, If you want mine ill sell it to you. $32k out the door.
2016 White RS2 forged currently at 34k miles. Has warranty till November 2021 or until 75k miles.
Only mods are short shifter and grimspeed front plate relocation mount.
Car was just ceramic coated 3 weeks ago. $$$
Would come with Factory winter wheels with a couple season of tread left, OEM car cover, and an ADF aluminum undertray (not installed)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All. I have a black 2017 RS with 38K miles. Job and relo change - want to sell her, but I don't want to get into a tussle with any dealerships looking to force me into a new car trade just to get my value. Car has never had head gaskets done, but is likely in the range. That said - at that time it was about 4 to 8 weeks wait at a dealer if it failed a leakdown test, and I marked my coolant and it never dropped past what one might consider normal. Car also has a kicker 12" SUB professionally installed in rear. Contact me if interested - north east NJ. Im looking to put her on eBay motors unless there is a better spot.
MJL

·
Registered
2016 RS
140 Posts
Hi All. I have a black 2017 RS with 38K miles. Job and relo change - want to sell her, but I don't want to get into a tussle with any dealerships looking to force me into a new car trade just to get my value. Car has never had head gaskets done, but is likely in the range. That said - at that time it was about 4 to 8 weeks wait at a dealer if it failed a leakdown test, and I marked my coolant and it never dropped past what one might consider normal. Car also has a kicker 12" SUB professionally installed in rear. Contact me if interested - north east NJ. Im looking to put her on eBay motors unless there is a better spot.
MJL
No head gaskets done?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
There are days where I tell myself to just buy an EcoSport or C-Max & call it a day.......

Then I see that beautiful rear wing & the blue RS badge & I have to buy one..... I love the LED daytime running lamps also!

I really like the ‘17 SB at Boggus Ford because it has no sunroof, only 8k miles & is still under a 3/36. But 35k? last year I saw one with similar miles in FL sell for 28.9k.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I really like the ‘17 SB at Boggus Ford because it has no sunroof, only 8k miles & is still under a 3/36. But 35k? last year I saw one with similar miles in FL sell for 28.9k.

What was the reason you didn't buy the one in FL? Besides distance. Shipping a car is cheap comparatively.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
What was the reason you didn't buy the one in FL? Besides distance. Shipping a car is cheap comparatively.

The Dodge Dealer wouldn’t sell a vehicle to a California resident. Apparently it had something to do with emissions.

·
Registered
188 Posts
CarGuru’s says it’s in Townsend, MA. That price is low compared to the rest of the LE’s. It shows a clean title & no accidents. There’s a few deals here & there. I really like the ‘17 SB in TX, but the Ford Dealer seems unwilling to lower the price.

I bought it for 31000 haha

341 - 360 of 393 Posts