Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
We get the shell seats as standard here in Australia but you get Sync 3. I'd call it a draw.

·
Registered
895 Posts
We get the shell seats as standard here in Australia but you get Sync 3. I'd call it a draw.
I'd rather the shell seats than Sync 3, multi media is not high on my list with this car.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'd rather the shell seats than Sync 3, multi media is not high on my list with this car.
True, same here. But I am greedy and want both!

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm quite happy with the Aussie spec, if it had a sun/moon roof then it would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
it will be easier to upgrade the seats than the sync, much easier
that said, I think the buckets would drive me nuts for daily driver duty. its a luxury to be able to adjust the seat on the fly, especially during long drives, after a big meal, or when getting road head.
I daily drove a car that had 1 piece seats before and although its fun to grab a few extra scene points, it gets old fast.
and if you are hardcore racer dude, there are much better buckets for racing, but you would know that already.
besides the look at me factor, I dont get the interest in the shell seats.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The shell seats recline, they're not a one-piece seat.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The more I think about it, the more I'm ok with it. My ST3 seats are really good and with the Dynamica inserts, the RS seats will keep my but planted even better. I would be very disappointed if the shell seats didn't offer the support I would expect, and I doubt they will with out the support from a 4 point harness. I think I will be more then happy with the re-skinned ST seats, and if not, full race seat, roll bar and harness it is

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah I'm creeping up on 40, and have a long commute so I'm glad we don't have the shells, because I would have to get them and then I would cuss every time I am stuck in traffic for an hour. They are sweet looking though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm considering either getting the Recaro Sportster CS seats (which are the same as the shell seats sans custom embroidery) and getting them embroidered or seeing if people are doing a group buy of the OEM ones and installing them myself. The main tradeoff is that the shell seats do not have electronic adjustment.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
it will be easier to upgrade the seats than the sync, much easier
that said, I think the buckets would drive me nuts for daily driver duty. its a luxury to be able to adjust the seat on the fly, especially during long drives, after a big meal, or when getting road head.
LoLz!!!!! Post Of The Day. heh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts