Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 861 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not take credit for this, nor am I responsible if it does any damage. However, this has been confirmed to work for dozens of RS owners.

Instructions:

Choose the appropriate update below based on navigation or non-navigation head unit. To perform update, you will need a flash drive formatted in "exFAT" or "Fat32" format at least 2GB in size. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOFTWARE/RADIO ISSUES.

Apple CarPlay will require an updated USB hub to work. USB hub part number HU5Z-19A387-A The hub is not required for the update but Apple CarPlay will NOT work until you switch to the updated hub.
https://www.worldoemparts.com/worldfordparts/oe-ford/hu5z19a387a

Here is the new download links from Ford Direct for Navigation Equipped
Navigation Equipped: http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/715283556826568730/HN1T-14G381-LG.zip

Here are the old download links (someone uploaded to Google Drive)
Download link for navigation units, read-me in zip file (total size 1.6 GB).
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am9VXdRFNhi2pJUqI3tkKrP7zBNLsQ
Download link for non-navigation unit, read-me in zip file, TWO PART INSTALL READ CAREFULLY(total size 2.15GB)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am9VXdRFNhi2pJUs7d7qZucSY2aLhw

This update is confirmed*working on:
Fusion
Fiesta
Focus
Mustang
F-150
FOCUS RS

Adding a how-to video that someone made (NOT ME).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just installed. Took about 30 minutes. I can't believe I need to buy a new USB panel...stupid Apple.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Update, confirmed working with numerous RS. I will be updating mine tomorrow!
Just did mine. Worked perfectly. NAV still updating, but readme says it may take time. Options now shows a screen for Android Auto. Just need to get the USB module upgrade to try Carplay. But the part is basically impossible to get right now. Some parts suppliers say no longer available, others out of stock. My backorder went from 12/20 ETA to no ETA.

Reactions: rcyhww

·
Registered
224 Posts
Can I drive around while updating?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just did mine. Worked perfectly. NAV still updating, but readme says it may take time. Options now shows a screen for Android Auto. Just need to get the USB module upgrade to try Carplay. But the part is basically impossible to get right now. Some parts suppliers say no longer available, others out of stock. My backorder went from 12/20 ETA to no ETA.
Can you please let me know if you find it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can confirm update works and that AA works as well. I'll have a video up shortly showing it working. Its also safe to say that the update is pretty safe, cause mine went about as unsmoothly as it could. Loaded onto 32gb flashdrive and started updated ~55min went by with it just saying update is in progress. at that point I pulled car back in garage and shut engine off, but left it powered up. I let it sit like that for about another 10 min while I loaded up update onto another 2gb flash drive thinking that may be the issue....Knowing it was a bad idea, but didn't want my battery to go dead I finally turned the car off and unplugged the Flash drive.

I started the car back up (with no flash drive) and sync starts normally but still freaking says updating. It was at this point I was getting worried.
I then put the new flashdrive into usb port (same one as before under the radio) and just let it sit for about 30min while I went inside to warm up. when I came back out it was all updated :)

EDIT: Here is Video showing AA working. sorry for the bad quality/blurriness

·
Registered
224 Posts
I can confirm update works and that AA works as well. I'll have a video up shortly showing it working. Its also safe to say that the update is pretty safe, cause mine went about as unsmoothly as it could. Loaded onto 32gb flashdrive and started updated ~55min went by with it just saying update is in progress. at that point I pulled car back in garage and shut engine off, but left it powered up. I let it sit like that for about another 10 min while I loaded up update onto another 2gb flash drive thinking that may be the issue....Knowing it was a bad idea, but didn't want my battery to go dead I finally turned the car off and unplugged the Flash drive.

I started the car back up (with no flash drive) and sync starts normally but still freaking says updating. It was at this point I was getting worried.
I then put the new flashdrive into usb port (same one as before under the radio) and just let it sit for about 30min while I went inside to warm up. when I came back out it was all updated :)
Wow that was scary! I am also the impatient one while upgrading android firmware and bricked a few android phones in the past. I know how it feels...

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 861 Posts