Ford Focus RS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
my upgrade went well. im now at 19149. upgrade took no longer than 5-6 minutes and didnt get any black screens.
Focus 2015 with a non-nav sync3 unit

Code:
[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19149_PRODUCT]
;Application -  Sync3 v3.0.19149
Item1 = JR3T-14G381-AR
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AR.tar.gz

;43Kb Interrogator_Log/utloggingutility
Item2 = GB5T-14G386-AB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AB.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
I was not able to update either the voice and gracenote packages. i tried to install them separately but there is no progress message on the sync screen or led activity on my USB.

Code:
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-AE.tar.gz
Item1 = JR3T-14G381-AR
Code:
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-AB.tar.gz
Item1 = HB5T-14G387-AAB

upg.jpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks!
Do you know what is new this time?
What is shell core only?
No changelogs. Just have to find out ourselves. Probably won’t notice a difference.
This may be the official version that’s gets to the US update on Ford. Or maybe not ....
shell core is the sync system software

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s for both.
It’s just the system core software
I have NAV.

After system reboot I had no GPS, my steering column stereo controls didn't work, auto dash bright/dark and dim didn't work, and I had a new option for a line input (which I don't physically have).

People in the f150forum have the same prob.

I went back to 19119.

I'll retry the 19205 tomorrow.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have NAV.

After system reboot I had no GPS, my steering column stereo controls didn't work, auto dash bright/dark and dim didn't work, and I had a new option for a line input (which I don't physically have).

People in the f150forum have the same prob.

I went back to 19119.
I have 2018 with Nav and the 19205 worked fine for me. No issues.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
No surprise. That's always the biggest concern for me with in-dash units - that you will get stuck with whatever was out that year. They don't have much of an incentive to keep things updated from their end
Actually the developers have all the incentive they need, if the hardware already supported it they just need to update the software and have a single core for all the lines, if a security exploit is found in it they fix it once. But with constant large changes they have to apply security fixes to both platforms.

The zero incentive part comes from marketing, they want something new and shiny, that you have to buy the new model to get. If they just kept updating and improving the existing system until hardware became a major limiting factor going forward that would one less feature the sales person could use to entice you to "trade up".

But, from my point of view once they stop timely security updates I'm fully allowed to crack and mod it to my content to fix issues and upgrade as I want. Sadily my free time is limited, so I don't do that. I still wish they would implement the options for preventing the repeater intelligent access exploit and cars just disappearing on them. Just just some code and a BCM patch to allow the users to block the exploit, but I think here to, they want the car stolen just to sell another.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You cannot

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok . And hi6w to get the last version of Sync for FIESTA 2014? I JUST WANT TO UPDATE MY RADIO FREQUENCY from Us to European version with pair FM frequencies exp: 94.0 or 98.4 Is there any update to get this.

301 - 320 of 335 Posts