Ford Focus RS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me, this seems to have fixed the popup about connecting to WiFi every time I get into the car.

Is there any chance of updating the maps for Australia & New Zealand Region without paying Ford? I have Version ANZ 1 16
Unfortunately, no updates for JR3T for ANZ or SA :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beware,
19119 did not upgrade properly on my 2016 NAV. The upgrading and complete "remove usb" messages were all normal, but after shutdown and restart, Black Screen only after RS splash screen.
Tried the previously posted, upgrade in the blind wait 45 minutes running, then shutdown for 30 minutes, no improvement.
Tried reset sync, pwr/right seek, no effect.
Tried battery disconnect, no effect.

Update,
Got back to normal screen by using 18025 to downgrade, blind update.
Dave, I had the same thing happen to me, but I only have 18092. Where do I get 18025 to downgrade and did you modify it all or just let it run for a while with the black screen and then it downgraded?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dave, I had the same thing happen to me, but I only have 18092. Where do I get 18025 to downgrade and did you modify it all or just let it run for a while with the black screen and then it downgraded?
Go to post #266. There is a link to a site with archived files. Running it with the black screen is a "blind upgrade". It does the downgrade with no sign of progress. You have to give it time

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys

my upgrade went well. im now at 19119 . upgrade took no longer than 5-6 minutes and didnt get any black screens.
Focus 2015 with a non-nav sync3 unit

i used the following autoinstall script

Code:
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
;Application -  Sync3 v3.0.19119 
Item1 = JR3T-14G381-AP
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AP.tar.gz

;43Kb Interrogator_Log/utloggingutility
Item2 = GB5T-14G386-AB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AB.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apparently Sync 3 v3.0.19194 has officially been released on ford owner site (although the update page isn't loading for me right now).
If this update makes it stop asking to check for updates every time I start the car I will be satisfied.

Btw, has anyone had the problem where Android Auto just stops working entirely? It started happening again that when I plug my phone in nothing happens or it says "unsupported device". I think it might be that the cable has stopped functioning correctly so hopefully a new cable will solve the problem.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Apparently Sync 3 v3.0.19194 has officially been released on ford owner site (although the update page isn't loading for me right now).
Is there an area to download the updates outside of the ford owner site like some have put out there? Because I have version 19119, the ford site is saying I don't have any DL available.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is there an area to download the updates outside of the ford owner site like some have put out there? Because I have version 19119, the ford site is saying I don't have any DL available.
The update file name is JR3T-14G381-AR
When someone finds the correct link to the ford binaries server, it can be downloaded from there. Haven't seen that show up yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Meanwhile, this guys is still on 2.2 lol. I tried updating yesterday through my MAC with no success and then had my brother do it on his PC with no success. I think I'm doomed to stay on 2.2 through out the ownership of this car =). Keep getting MEM_ERR03 errors on the screen. Comical now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Meanwhile, this guys is still on 2.2 lol. I tried updating yesterday through my MAC with no success and then had my brother do it on his PC with no success. I think I'm doomed to stay on 2.2 through out the ownership of this car =). Keep getting MEM_ERR03 errors on the screen. Comical now.
What are the files in the USB ? what are trying to update to ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
It’s simple to fix. Just read up on the autoinstall.lst structure and what the other files in the syncmyride folder are. adjust the autoinstall.lst file to install one at a time. install the system core (-AR) file first and then the others small file sizes together and then install the large gracenotes file by itself

That process will get it all updated and work around the mem error

Extracting the zip file on a mac has known issues. Best to use a Windows pc.

Also the link above is the nav download. If you are getting the mem error I bet you have a non nav car

for Sync 3 with NAV
https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/7932338036273117425/SYNC3_2807667713_Update.zip

for Sync 3 without / non NAV
https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/14815755102569714493/SYNC3_2807668185_Update.zip

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What are the files in the USB ? what are trying to update to ?
@xd-data-ii is correct that I am a non nav unit, but I have tried on both a MAC as well as a PC going through Fords website. I'll have to see if my brother can help me out again with his PC but man, it shouldn't be this hard to update =). Maybe it's me but I shouldn't have to take apart the file to get it to update correctly. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, hopefully I can get it updated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It’s simple to fix. Just read up on the autoinstall.lst structure and what the other files in the syncmyride folder are. adjust the autoinstall.lst file to install one at a time. install the system core (-AR) file first and then the others small file sizes together and then install the large gracenotes file by itself

That process will get it all updated and work around the mem error

Extracting the zip file on a mac has known issues. Best to use a Windows pc.

Also the link above is the nav download. If you are getting the mem error I bet you have a non nav car

for Sync 3 with NAV
https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/7932338036273117425/SYNC3_2807667713_Update.zip

for Sync 3 without / non NAV
https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/14815755102569714493/SYNC3_2807668185_Update.zip
Is the lst file as you have it in this download correct? I think the last upgrade I successfully ran was the 18024 one, but have not been able to get any others to upgrade. If I unzip this nav file straight to my thumb drive will it work, or do I need to change the lst file again?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anybody in NA run the update with NAV yet ? The note suggest it's for EU. Don't want to screw up the NA map, unless it's compress in one of the file.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Anybody in NA run the update with NAV yet ? The note suggest it's for EU. Don't want to screw up the NA map, unless it's compress in one of the file.
Yes. Works fine
It’s not a map update

On second thoughts be careful with it. Seems my navigation voice changed to German or something like that. Have to install the US voices and US gracenotes separately from a previous package.

281 - 300 of 335 Posts