Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I'll let a few guinea pigs uh I mean other users try it out and report back first. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
I need to confer with my Sync SMEs. @dianebrat @sda3

What does this do for the FoRS platform? Layperson terms please. I looked briefly at the one link to find the $ sign is a added symbol?????? Looks to be geared more toward Android Auto.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I need to confer with my Sync SMEs. @dianebrat @sda3

What does this do for the FoRS platform? Layperson terms please. I looked briefly at the one link to find the $ sign is a added symbol?????? Looks to be geared more toward Android Auto.
I also saw a lot of references to improvements with iOS 11 that Apple released this week since apparently iOS 11 Carplay with the 2.2 version we've had behaves wonky.
I have a hunch AA and Carplay users will want this, I've grabbed it and am about to be the first guinea pig with CarPlay.

·
Super Moderator
15,513 Posts
I also saw a lot of references to improvements with iOS 11 that Apple released this week since apparently iOS 11 Carplay with the 2.2 version we've had behaves wonky.
I have a hunch AA and Carplay users will want this, I've grabbed it and am about to be the first guinea pig with CarPlay.
I completed the iOS 11.0 update this morning and my 6s+ has been a bit confused/slow since.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I completed the iOS 11.0 update this morning and my 6s+ has been a bit confused/slow since.
I had an ipad Pro on the beta of iOS 11 for a while and it was very happy, updated my 7 yesterday and it's been fine, but I lost a handful of very useful apps due to them not being 64-bit and not upgraded in ages, I'll miss the "unofficial" MAME emulator the most.

·
Registered
739 Posts
My observation has been that Apple tends to go back and fix older devices in point revisions after the fact. Stay tuned for 11.0.3 or whatever it is to sort things out completely. I avoid the major version changes for a little while, despite the constant nagging.

As for this update... I was just going to update to 2.2 today. I'm gonna do that and let one of you guys take the plunge on this one first.

·
Registered
607 Posts
done...
Good news, so far no significant issues, they have given all the screens a slight facelift to make them simpler and easier to read, some updated icons, CP and AA don't show by default in settings, once you connect a device it enables them and they are now visible. they've resolved the issue of USB3.0 devices giving an erroneous "this device uses too much power" popup.

Bad news, the morons in the media player dev group still have not learned how to ignore articles like "a" or "the" when they index songs, artists, or albums, "let me repeat this again... The Beatles do NOT go under "T"
I'll have a long trip on Friday to test out CarPlay more in depth, but so far it was happy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Changes I notice:
-Android auto still stutters a little bit, but it seems to run at a higher frame rate now, as everything is smoother.
-Sync got some new icons

Edit 1:
-auto brightness behavior is finally improved. Smoother transitions and better logic.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Wonder if we can get a changelog somehow
I don't think I've even seen a changelog for 2.0 or 2.2 (aside from AA and CP support being added). Only way would be an unofficial leak I think. Ford official statement is often just its new and improved, just install it. I would love to see detailed changelogs to include things like " + Updated base QNX library to xx.yy.zz to result [some malicious exploit] that was in the old library." But, they just don't do that or at the very least don't give any out for the geeks that would appreciate seeing the details of their development team's work.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
When I unplug my phone, spotify keeps playing through my phone if it was playing on AA. Didn't happen before update... but that was also a GS7, and I hooked up my new Note8 after I did the update. Guess I could dig out the gs7 and check to see if it does the same.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice to see that Audio goes to OFF when I unplug my AA/phone (instead of flipping into blasting FM radio).

Also, not sure if I'm imagining it, but I believe the volume gain on AA is louder in this release. The AA sound level seems more closely matched to that of other sources because I don't have to crank it as high as usual.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice to see that Audio goes to OFF when I unplug my AA/phone (instead of flipping into blasting FM radio).

Also, not sure if I'm imagining it, but I believe the volume gain on AA is louder in this release. The AA sound level seems more closely matched to that of other sources because I don't have to crank it as high as usual.
Can you confirm if it now disables the keyboard to enter an navigation address when driving?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just upgraded mine, seems fine. So, you're asking if the keyboard is disabled in nav when using Sync? That was a bug before?

1 - 20 of 327 Posts