Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded up from my '14 FoST to a '16 FoRS yesterday...
Drove 300 miles back home with what sounds like an open exhaust.
Have not gotten a chance to lift the car and see what is up under there, but I know I want to get rid of this very loud exhaust.
Not too bad when you get up to speed, but acceleration is way too loud for my old man taste.

The rear splitter has what seems to be a black coated aluminum piece that is screwed on to the stock valance.
As far as a I can see under the car, it extends quite a ways forward towards the rear A-arms.
I'm assuming this would have to go to whoever wanted to trade.

Let me know what I am looking at, and if you have a stock (or much quieter) exhaust you want to trade or sell.
I gotta get this resolved sooner than later...

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
I traded up from my '14 FoST to a '16 FoRS yesterday...
Drove 300 miles back home with what sounds like an open exhaust.
Have not gotten a chance to lift the car and see what is up under there, but I know I want to get rid of this very loud exhaust.
Not too bad when you get up to speed, but acceleration is way too loud for my old man taste.

The rear splitter has what seems to be a black coated aluminum piece that is screwed on to the stock valance.
As far as a I can see under the car, it extends quite a ways forward towards the rear A-arms.
I'm assuming this would have to go to whoever wanted to trade.

Let me know what I am looking at, and if you have a stock (or much quieter) exhaust you want to trade or sell.
I gotta get this resolved sooner than later...
Don't take this the wrong way but, I cannot even begin to comprehend what I am seeing, their is nothing right with that entire back end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was worried about. Perhaps I will pull that diffuser off and see if it lets me see what the story is under there

·
Registered
290 Posts
That's what I was worried about. Perhaps I will pull that diffuser off and see if it lets me see what the story is under there
It's the first I've seen of a center line exhaust on an RS. If you can get it up on stands, I'd check for a badge or engravings of some kind. 'most' reputable manufacturers brand right onto exhaust. Another thing I would check is see if the valve actuator plug and harness are still there, stock utilizes this function to open/close the exhaust valve. Chances are it's not being used as you mentioned it's noisy or that brand simply didn't retain the ability to actuate or of course no lunchbox.

Hopefully the stock valance can be saved!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but, I cannot even begin to comprehend what I am seeing, their is nothing right with that entire back end.
Was thinking the same thing. Looks like some sort of bad custom job. I wouldn't be surprised if it's so loud because it's probably just a straight pipe with no muffler.

Reactions: turdferg74

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Well if you need a stock exhaust, I have mine with less than 500 miles on it.

I swapped mine out with Ford Performance within two weeks of getting my RS.

I am in San Diego.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if you need a stock exhaust, I have mine with less than 500 miles on it.

I swapped mine out with Ford Performance within two weeks of getting my RS.

I am in San Diego.
What would it take to get it shipped to 83709?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sure as sh!t sounds like a straight pipe.
I kind of figured I would have to un-f#ck a few things when I finally got an RS due to the nature of people and their mods.
I've been a long time Mustang guy, from my first one (66 coupe) through many Foxes, SN95s (still have a project car 1998 Cobra in the garage) and a Terminator for good measure.
ALWAYS have to undo what some dude thought would be totally rad...
Amongst the list of things the previous dude didn't care about was TPMS.
Apparently, he had NT555s and white Ford Racing turbine wheels installed and didn't want or couldn't afford TPMS sensors.
So, once I decide which wheels to get to replace the current rims on it now, I'll have to sort the TPMS debacle.
Until then, I guess I'm just hitting 'OK' every time I start the car and it tells me there is a TPMS error.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It sure as sh!t sounds like a straight pipe.
I kind of figured I would have to un-f#ck a few things when I finally got an RS due to the nature of people and their mods.
I've been a long time Mustang guy, from my first one (66 coupe) through many Foxes, SN95s (still have a project car 1998 Cobra in the garage) and a Terminator for good measure.
ALWAYS have to undo what some dude thought would be totally rad...
Amongst the list of things the previous dude didn't care about was TPMS.
Apparently, he had NT555s and white Ford Racing turbine wheels installed and didn't want or couldn't afford TPMS sensors.
So, once I decide which wheels to get to replace the current rims on it now, I'll have to sort the TPMS debacle.
Until then, I guess I'm just hitting 'OK' every time I start the car and it tells me there is a TPMS error.
FORscan should solve that if you're willing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FORscan should solve that if you're willing.
That's on my list of stuff to buy. The dealership I bought the car from told me they looked into it and there are no TPMS sensors on the wheels.
I don't like the white wheels that are on it anyway, so I am installing new wheels and tires and likely posting these white turbine ford racing wheels and Nitto NT555s here soon.

·
Registered
2016 RS
223 Posts
Lol here’s what I had to fix, not as bad as your exhaust, but in all the same...

·
Registered
2016 RS
223 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
What would it take to get it shipped to 83709?
If you'll be paying for shipping..... might be more than the exhaust.

Mine was kept at two pieces, It just need one clamp to put it back together. That would cost more in shipping.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you'll be paying for shipping..... might be more than the exhaust.

Mine was kept at two pieces, It just need one clamp to put it back together. That would cost more in shipping.
Yup, I get that it'll be expensive to ship, but still cheaper than a new system that I might not like

·
Registered
160 Posts
Aliexpress has carbon pieces for not too much if you're willing to risk the possible fitment issues.

I have a scorpion exhaust, it came iwht a valve, it's quiet when the valve is closed. Look for a valved exhaust over looking for a stock one. Best of luck.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts