Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 RS, 2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2021 MME GTPE
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I looked under my car tonight because the undertray was hanging low / sagging in the middle / a bit scuffed up and I noticed a few (2) bolts missing (including the one in the center) and a few won't tighten. I have a replacement undertray and all the vents, but what do I do about the bolts that won't tighten?

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Get the red clips replaced where is gets bolted down. I know it's posted here somewhere

Reactions: LPE403

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Amazon?
Harbor Freight?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
425 Posts
There's also option 3, get this aluminum skid plate and never deal with it again. For oil changes I just remove the two access panels and that's it.

You do need a rivet nut installer tool though, it replaces those crap clips with rivet nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
808 Posts
This sort of looks like what Jamo posted:

There's a couple other parts shown/listed that might be what you need. Not sure if they all have the same thread and pitch; though it seems like they would (hard to tell what the engineers were thinking when they do some stuff). Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 RS, 2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2021 MME GTPE
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On your side of the ditch? No idea, but any good auto parts store should be able to sort you out. Or Ebay?
:LOL: You remind me why I've always liked Australians - not to mention their taste in cars. RIP Holden and Ford of Australia - they made some great stuff for you folks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I looked under my car tonight because the undertray was hanging low / sagging in the middle / a bit scuffed up and I noticed a few (2) bolts missing (including the one in the center) and a few won't tighten. I have a replacement undertray and all the vents, but what do I do about the bolts that won't tighten?

Thanks all.
Just be careful as one left side front bolt I found loose resulted in having to buy a new inner fender as that is where the bolt screws into_I live in Canada an found many of the bolt holders in the body stripped after Ford replaced the undertray after a failure-----Ford comments_ "Left most underbody shield retainer anchor point has failed recommend replace R/F inner fender $268 Canadian"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts