Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Underbody air deflector/sound insulator options

Driving through the first winter this car has seen and this underbody air deflector/sound insulator must have hit a snow mound because it bent completely back (and eventually fell off after I hit another snow mound to finish off the job).

Do these two air deflectors actually do anything by means of underbody protection? And are there more durable replacements made out of aluminum or some such?

Reactions: thomwithah

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Yepp I don’t have a solution for you. But the same place on the passenger side I had to cut off with a knife on the side of the road cuz in the slush it hung down and grinded on the road

Edit: as for replacement, come spring I’m going to buy the large sheets of HDPE for underbody production and replicate/expand the same area. Don’t think there is any aftermarket replacement

·
Registered
456 Posts
We need something similar to the Rally Guard system Cusco offers for the Subaru's! *check out the thumbnail*

I fiberglass resin coated the front skid plate not only reinforcing but waterproofing it. The stock, rat fur underbody aero panels are not designed for the slush and snow. After the winter I plan on coating the other panels. So far the skidplate has held up well...

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed ADF (the guys that make the awesome aluminum undertray to replace the rat hair OEM one) asking if they’d be willing to fabricate up replacements for these two parts. Will let you guys know what they say.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I emailed ADF (the guys that make the awesome aluminum undertray to replace the rat hair OEM one) asking if they’d be willing to fabricate up replacements for these two parts. Will let you guys know what they say.
Let us know what you find out. Not a bad idea!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good news! I was able to get in touch with ADF and we found out that the two air deflectors are the same part as on the Focus ST. Since they don't have access to an RS but do have access to an ST they will still be able to start mocking up pieces.

Will keep you updated on progress as I hear back!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Underbody air deflector/sound insulator options

Driving through the first winter this car has seen and this underbody air deflector/sound insulator must have hit a snow mound because it bent completely back (and eventually fell off after I hit another snow mound to finish off the job).

Do these two air deflectors actually do anything by means of underbody protection? And are there more durable replacements made out of aluminum or some such?
I know this thread is super old, but it's literally the only thing I can find mentioning the deflectors. Did you ever find a solution for this? Mine just broke as well and I cut off the bent down section. So many posts about the front skid plate and plenty of aftermarket upgraded options, but I can't find anything for the two in the middle. Took me 2 hours just to find out what it was called o_O

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Good news! I was able to get in touch with ADF and we found out that the two air deflectors are the same part as on the Focus ST. Since they don't have access to an RS but do have access to an ST they will still be able to start mocking up pieces.

Will keep you updated on progress as I hear back!
So what happen?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No solution on how to mount the plates to the underbody while using the OEM mount points...

·
Registered
829 Posts
No solution on how to mount the plates to the underbody while using the OEM mount points...
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH I have solutions........... ☕ I'm just not quite ready to show pics.........:devilish:

Reactions: nicklulu
1 - 12 of 12 Posts