Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope we all are enjoying <sarcasm> not driving.

Has anyone (in Australia) replaced the OEM "felt" under-tray with either another OEM, or an after-market replacement?

I priced the OEM part on a US site at US$190 so I guess it will be around A$400 here? I'm awaiting a quote from my local dealer.

Otherwise, what after-market options have people used?

My car is not lowered, yet the under tray is taking a beating just driving on sealed roads. It looks like either I've run over something (possible) or the cover is being sucked downward. The worst scrape is where it attaches to the cross brace - see the pic, which I took after I replaced the damaged plastic rivets.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hi, I hope we all are enjoying <sarcasm> not driving.

Has anyone (in Australia) replaced the OEM "felt" under-tray with either another OEM, or an after-market replacement?

I priced the OEM part on a US site at US$190 so I guess it will be around A$400 here? I'm awaiting a quote from my local dealer.

Otherwise, what after-market options have people used?

My car is not lowered, yet the under tray is taking a beating just driving on sealed roads. It looks like either I've run over something (possible) or the cover is being sucked downward. The worst scrape is where it attaches to the cross brace - see the pic, which I took after I replaced the damaged plastic rivets.

Thanks.
View attachment 340080
I suspect you unknowingly scrape lightly on something on a regular basis. My under tray is still perfect.

Ciao

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you really want to replace it with something else there was a facebook post for someone local who mucked around with engine tray and custom exhaust sometime back. No real evidence of it taking off but they have a fabricated item that may reproduce for you. Newcastle NSW based. Fabtech Global Performance Through Superior Engineering

500 + GST was quoted back then

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Yep, mine is also immaculate with no marks at all.
Ah ok thanks JamoRS and Phil also. Now I think about it, and from your counter-experience, you are correct and I think I know the culprit, just at the entrance to the big green church* there are some nasty speed humps - easily clear the lip but when the car drops over the trailing edge of these metal humps, I suspect they're touching the under cover. Hmm maybe a use for the useless 'sport' mode for the shocks?
*Bunnings.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ah ok thanks JamoRS and Phil also. Now I think about it, and from your counter-experience, you are correct and I think I know the culprit, just at the entrance to the big green church* there are some nasty speed humps - easily clear the lip but when the car drops over the trailing edge of these metal humps, I suspect they're touching the under cover. Hmm maybe a use for the useless 'sport' mode for the shocks?
*Bunnings.
Yes you gotta watch the "bounce"

Ciao

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I bought the dmgfab sump guard and front splitter plate from raptor racing in canada. The Canadians are really up on this stuff. Search for dmgfab skid plate and you'll find the page. It seems hard to find through the main web site. Cost me $770 canadian. Skid plate $359, front splitter $410 with side wings. Shipping was 450 .Great engineering and welding. Skid plate easy to mount but front splitter requires taking whole front off to get to crash bar pick-up points. Doesn't look like there is any other option for mounting. Once front is off its a great time to mount a light bar in the grill.

It's not robust enough for a full on rally plate but it should be good for gravel and snow use. Far better than the rat fur ford rubbish. There is a long thread on this plate about the Canadian group buy of the front splitter.

I'll post this then put some photos up in next post. I'm having trouble doing this at present. I've been doing a lot of work in the communal car park during the lockdown. Btw, I had to fabricate two little mount extensions for the splitter and slightly relocate the ecu.

I'm in Canberra. Dm me if you want to talk by mobile.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts

Lazar elite 18 light bar very high performance and discrete

Here are the parts laid out. Have a look at the quality.

Have to take front off to fit splitter.

Here is the spacer I had to make. It fits as shown below

I run 17 inch 60 profile 225 pirell8 scorpion atr. Fills wheel well and gives clearance problems. Lots of others have s same issue. I mounted to upper not lower bolt which set strut back and aw say from wheel.

Next pictures are of ecu relocation. The photos show the position. Bssicslly need to redo holes in the existing mounts and cut excess off. Getd it in a good position.

Anyw ay, hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Lazar elite 18 light bar very high performance and discrete

Anyw ay, hope this helps. Good luck.
Great! I would post these on the DMG skid plate thread for others to see: DMG FAB aluminum splitter group buy

I'm liking that Lazer light bar set-up. Anymore details on that?

How does that spacer mount?

How do you have the ECU reoriented? Any farther back pics of its new placement?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts