Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears there are several customers in the UK who are reporting that they have been given build dates. Stated build dates are Jan 15, 16, 19, 22, ... with delivery late February, early March.

·
Registered
418 Posts
That delivery seems a little late, considering they are built in Germany. If my car was built Jan 15, and I lived in Europe, I would expect to see it within a couple weeks rather than 5-7. The US builds have been slated for late February, and that trip across the pond is 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That delivery seems a little late, considering they are built in Germany. If my car was built Jan 15, and I lived in Europe, I would expect to see it within a couple weeks rather than 5-7. The US builds have been slated for late February, and that trip across the pond is 4-6 weeks.
Quality Assurance hold?

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
QA holds seem to be the bane of car forum posters - there is a huge stink right now on Camaro6.com over holds on the new Gen 6.
There's also a mention of a 6 month delay on the GT350 as reported by Autoevolution. Major complaint was the cars are left out in the elements while waiting to have their racing stripes applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Most of the build date threads I have seen in the UK are quoting dealer info. I wonder if their dealers are more trustworthy and informed than (most of the) ones over here? I can't see how it would benefit Ford to concentrate on one geography - indeed I can see how spreading them out to a wide geography would be best for marketing and sales. More buzz that way. I'm hoping for more clarity and some US build dates before Christmas.

I don't mind waiting for mine, but I'd sure love to see an SG in person (although any other color would be fine, too)!

Jim

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The UK customers seem to have a better source of information. They placed their orders and received a confirmation email from Ford-Europe customer service. Then they received an estimated build month and now some of the orders have progressed to an exact build day in January.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
It would be nice to know something other than speculation here in the US.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My SHO was built about 4 hours away from my house and took over a month to get to the lot.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
Tomorrow we will hopefully get some build dates from are reps

Only if your order has already been pulled for scheduling.
This would be a great Christmas present, if not it'll be like getting a lump of coal in your Christmas stocking this year.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Hopefully not "First car to be rejected at PPI due to shipping damage"! :)

Jim

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a feeling a lot of online reviews are gonna be ****ting over a hefty amount of ford dealers in the next few months.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
Slider
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing