Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was going to get it done via forwarder but when I did the math and I don't really have any pending orders in the UK, I decided to just get it shipped from Mountune as the VAT savings is a wash to the shipping:

View attachment 342814

If I had more stuff ordered from Mountune or other vendors I would have used the forwarders.

I still can't believe the spoiler lip is +$80 cheaper and the hard pipe is more than half the price as their US counter-part.

The spoiler from the UK has the automotive tape already included compared from the one in the US.
You're right, without VAT and paying 50GBP for shipping in your case saves you some bucks. You'll probably get that hard pipe on before me, let me know how it fits! I'm still waiting for the breather plate to open up, I'm only waiting until Friday.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Don't know when I'll install it but difference wise, this one is aluminum compared to stainless steel.

Once I get the boost hose kit. I'll take pics and post.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
I got an email almost 3 hrs ago that it got shipped already.

Reactions: phillofoc

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
You're right, without VAT and paying 50GBP for shipping in your case saves you some bucks. You'll probably get that hard pipe on before me, let me know how it fits! I'm still waiting for the breather plate to open up, I'm only waiting until Friday.
Thank God the other items I was interested was not in stock, or else I would spend more $$$

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
ETA delivery EOD this Thursday, that is fast!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was going to get it done via forwarder but when I did the math and I don't really have any pending orders in the UK, I decided to just get it shipped from Mountune as the VAT savings is a wash to the shipping:

View attachment 342814

If I had more stuff ordered from Mountune or other vendors I would have used the forwarders.

I still can't believe the spoiler lip is +$80 cheaper and the hard pipe is more than half the price as their US counter-part.

The spoiler from the UK has the automotive tape already included compared from the one in the US.
I wish Mountune was better at giving an ETA for things being available, but the hard pipe + silicon hoses are back in stock on the UK site:

Still $150 cheaper than the US setup, including shipping you should be ahead.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
I opted to get the hoses States side as the Mountune UK and US only has the yellow/black. I found the light blue one for $220, so with the hard pipe $126 = $346.

The Mountune UK did not have the charge pipe upgrade kit till yesterday morning. But it's also $346 converted to USD, and their kit only has the yellow and black. I just mark the shipping as a wash for the tax I paid.

I almost got a buyers remorse there. LOL!

BTW, the US one is $549:

The shipping from the UK is a wash for the Cali taxes. you still save +$200.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Already sold out, but you can buy the bits separately

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I opted to get the hoses States side as the Mountune UK and US only has the yellow/black. I found the light blue one for $220, so with the hard pipe $126 = $346.

View attachment 342872

The Mountune UK did not have the charge pipe upgrade kit till yesterday morning. But it's also $346 converted to USD, and their kit only has the yellow and black. I just mark the shipping as a wash for the tax I paid.

I almost got a buyers remorse there. LOL!

BTW, the US one is $549:

The shipping from the UK is a wash for the Cali taxes. you still save +$200.
Man, you stole those hoses! The best I can do is about $270 from Mountune with one of the various codes that's out there. I'll still be ahead compared to getting it from the UK despite Cali taxes as I have 40 Mountune bux to spend.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Man, you stole those hoses! The best I can do is about $270 from Mountune with one of the various codes that's out there. I'll still be ahead compared to getting it from the UK despite Cali taxes as I have 40 Mountune bux to spend.
That's good!

Do I also get that Mountune Uk "pounds" (thier currency is British pound, get it?) 🤪

·
Registered
491 Posts
Dang it! Got bit by the bug again! Think I'll order this kit once it becomes available again. Do we see any other significant benefits of the V2 vs V1 other than cost? I know the V2 is made from aluminum vs stainless steel on the V1. I also want the gray boost hoses, which looks like Mountune US doesn't carry, so I may just have to wait until the bundle comes back in stock on the UK store...

@nicklulu , where did you find those blue hoses? Wondering if they have the gray for that cheap as well?

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Dang it! Got bit by the bug again! Think I'll order this kit once it becomes available again. Do we see any other significant benefits of the V2 vs V1 other than cost? I know the V2 is made from aluminum vs stainless steel on the V1. I also want the gray boost hoses, which looks like Mountune US doesn't carry, so I may just have to wait until the bundle comes back in stock on the UK store...

@nicklulu , where did you find those blue hoses? Wondering if they have the gray for that cheap as well?
I got it from RallySportDirect.com - Performance Car Parts Online

benefits wise they say the UK one is smoother since there are no welds and the finish is applied inside and out.

It would be lighter. But functionality wise I doubt there will be any noticeable difference.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
The blue boost hoses just got delivered and I just got an email that my Mountune UK order will be delivered today rather than tomorrow.

Reactions: phillofoc

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got it from RallySportDirect.com - Performance Car Parts Online

benefits wise they say the UK one is smoother since there are no welds and the finish is applied inside and out.

It would be lighter. But functionality wise I doubt there will be any noticeable difference.
Thanks! But dang! They only have the blue hose kit... Oh well, I'll wait for the bundle to be back in stock at the UK store and hopefully get an order in soon. I'm more inclined to get this now that I know I don't have to take off the whole front bumper like I did when I installed the Mountune intercooler. I'm hoping it'll change the noise a bit as well since the stock charge pipe has that weird resonator section in it.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Exactly! The resonator does quiet it down!

and they are out for the bLue boost hose kit, I bought the last one in stock. I did find some in ebay, $5 more the rally sportdirect

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
DHL just knocked just buzzed the doorbell:

Top to bottom:

• DHL = Mountune UK with the hardpipe, wing extension and some merch
  • FedEx = Rally Direct for the boost hose kit (Mountune)
  • UPS = Mountune USA FMIC and boost hose clamps
That was fast!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts