Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, not sure if anyone keeps up with the UK Mountune site but it looks like they stealth released their V2 version of their hard pipe. One of the cool parts is that it's about 100 GBP. It's mandrel bent aluminum, anodized inside and out. Compared to the V1 / US Mountune part, it's half price and probably a fair amount lighter.

I have one on the way but it's hanging out at a freight forwarder as I'm waiting on the UK Mountune breather plate to come back in stock. I'll post again once I get it installed.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey all, not sure if anyone keeps up with the UK Mountune site but it looks like they stealth released their V2 version of their hard pipe. One of the cool parts is that it's about 100 GBP. It's mandrel bent aluminum, anodized inside and out. Compared to the V1 / US Mountune part, it's half price and probably a fair amount lighter.

I have one on the way but it's hanging out at a freight forwarder as I'm waiting on the UK Mountune breather plate to come back in stock. I'll post again once I get it installed.

Very tempting! What's the final cost after the currency conversion and shipping to the US?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good to know. Right now, I am running the Mountune intercooler, but with all stock piping. Would upgrading this hard pipe alone give any substantial benefit if all the other piping is stock?

·
Registered
782 Posts
The description says it lessens the pressure drop, I dont think it would give any "substantial " benefits that would be noticeable in the drivers seat?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats price to get it here, assuming would be same or similar for you?
I'll let you know. The current exchange rate is about 1.2 USD to 1 GBP, so call it about $140 shipped to the forwarder. Shipping through the forwarder is usually way cheaper than the vendor. When I ordered my radio fascia and cup holder, the vendor wanted 60 GBP just for the fascia but I think the forwarder charged 30 or 40 for a bunch of stuff that I ordered.

This all started because my color changing RS mug got damaged so I wanted a new one. I took the opportunity to get some other tech and cooking gadgets from UK Amazon and eBay that I had been watching, as well as the cargo net for the hatch area.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@nicklulu do you have this tshirt?

I grabbed one in medium just because. I hope it fits...

@JamoRS it supposedly has 2.4kpa less of a pressure drop than the stock piece, which works out to 1/3 PSI (same as the US one in stainless). Not sure if it's worth it on its own, but for 104 GBP and I already had stuff coming from the UK so I couldn't say no.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts

@JamoRS it supposedly has 2.4kpa less of a pressure drop than the stock piece, which works out to 1/3 PSI (same as the US one in stainless). Not sure if it's worth it on its own, but for 104 GBP and I already had stuff coming from the UK so I couldn't say no.
LOL, I don't have it........yet.

I usually get the one size over (2XL rather than XL), UK size is a bit smaller than ours.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yes I noticed that, and reflected that in my previous reply, wouldn't call that substantially noticeable!

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Some like their pipes HARD.... 😁

But as he said he already have stuff being shipped...... might as well.

Minor gains....... major aesthetic points! If you already have other Mountune bits, it will look great.

·
Registered
504 Posts

I actually got that shirt at the FoMoCo meetup at Mountune in Carson a couple years ago for free! I won a raffle item, which was a hat for some random clutch manufacturer. I asked if I could trade it for one of these heritage shirts. After dropping a couple grand on one of the B packages and intercooler, I'm sure they felt more inclined to do so. Haha!

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
@phillofoc, did you pay for the VAT since you got it shipped to the forwarders?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@phillofoc, did you pay for the VAT since you got it shipped to the forwarders?
Unfortunately yes, it was about 25 GBP. There is an option with my freight forwarder to send it to an island that's VAT free, but shipping is usually higher. The site said it started to make sense when spending over 200 GBP on smaller items (camera, cell phone).

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
which forwarder are you using?

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts

This will be the 3rd time I've used them. No issues so far.

I was going to get it done via forwarder but when I did the math and I don't really have any pending orders in the UK, I decided to just get it shipped from Mountune as the VAT savings is a wash to the shipping:

If I had more stuff ordered from Mountune or other vendors I would have used the forwarders.

I still can't believe the spoiler lip is +$80 cheaper and the hard pipe is more than half the price as their US counter-part.

The spoiler from the UK has the automotive tape already included compared from the one in the US.

Reactions: phillofoc
1 - 20 of 63 Posts