Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are we only getting black painted alloys? They have silver on UK site.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
561 Posts
This is supposed to be a cheap sports car not a Mercedes. What's with all the auto dimming, self driving needs everything questions.

·
Registered
367 Posts
This is supposed to be a cheap sports car not a Mercedes. What's with all the auto dimming, self driving needs everything questions.
It comes with these options in Europe. I have an extreme sensitivity to light, so the auto dimming mirror is a huge plus for me. I will be retrofitting mine as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
$36,605 base price is not considered cheap. Additional features like those is just keeping up with the technology we have. Most of those features had been around for quite some time now and it benefits having those in the vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
The current average price of a new car or truck in the US is $33,500. The RS is a pretty good deal for a few thousand more than that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When has it ever been stated this is a cheap sports car....if you want one of those, go buy a Miata or a BRZ. This is supposed to be a very good drivers car and one of the best hot hatches in the world, no one ever said it was going to be "cheap". I also agree with NDizzle, this car isn't that expensive compared to the average car now. Crap, trucks are almost getting to the 70K loaded mark now....

As for the auto dimming, garage openers, etc., we like those things in the US. Try have a big truck behind you in one of these cars at night and the lights will blind you. These aren't expensive features, they really don't add weight, and make the entire experience in the car much more enjoyable at the end of the day. For a lot of us, these are just a toy to play with on the weekend (I'd buy something else if it was), these will be daily drivers.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It comes with these options in Europe. I have an extreme sensitivity to light, so the auto dimming mirror is a huge plus for me. I will be retrofitting mine as soon as I get it.
Me too... cursed blue eyes.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The current average price of a new car or truck in the US is $33,500. The RS is a pretty good deal for a few thousand more than that.
Yup, and a loaded soccer mom SUV can easily run into the 70's.

·
Registered
561 Posts
When has it ever been stated this is a cheap sports car....if you want one of those, go buy a Miata or a BRZ. This is supposed to be a very good drivers car and one of the best hot hatches in the world, no one ever said it was going to be "cheap". I also agree with NDizzle, this car isn't that expensive compared to the average car now. Crap, trucks are almost getting to the 70K loaded mark now....

As for the auto dimming, garage openers, etc., we like those things in the US. Try have a big truck behind you in one of these cars at night and the lights will blind you. These aren't expensive features, they really don't add weight, and make the entire experience in the car much more enjoyable at the end of the day. For a lot of us, these are just a toy to play with on the weekend (I'd buy something else if it was), these will be daily drivers.
Cheap for a 350 horsepower AWD car, yes. I never said it was poor build quality lol. Hence all the articles comparing this to more expensive cars with less performance. Cheap(er) sports car.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's face it this car is going to be the f'ing dogs b******* and that's why we are all here.!! I just want one now!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts