Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 16 rs 27k miles. bought it used with 14k. was all stock. i bought the turbosmart kompact shortie with upgraded pink spring maybe 6 months ago. when i first put it on, it worked great, had a nice sound to it. eventually over the next couple months, the car felt like it had no power, like someone took the turbo off. it would still show boost on the gauge but wouldnt even accelerate hardly. on a whim, i reached up to that valve, and it was super loose, like about to fall apart loose. i tightened it back up to full tight then minus 2 turns like it was before. it drove better since doing that. but now its not as loud and car feels "slow" again. not sure what to do except to remove it at this point. Has anyone else had a problem like this with theirs?

·
Registered
230 Posts
The only 2 times my car felt slow and sluggish were when the head-gasket started leaking (both head and cylinder replaced), then back for a re-seal since the first dealer was trash their techs didn't follow hardly anything is the service manual (lots of damaged parts, etc) might want to feel the block for a slight oiliness or residue right under the front right of the head ( below where the rev 3 rivet is) a lot of techs didn't have order to or just didn't apply sealant here. It will eventually seep and slowly lose performance. Add a dab of lock-tight one you have that BOV at the right setting will keep it from vibrating out of setting or a piece of kapton or other high heat tolerate tape would also stop it from spinning loose.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've had my ts 50/50 on for over 40k miles and no problems so far. You are supposed to clean them once a year but I really dont want to mess with it. I took a look at mine recently when I was changing tires and it didnt look too dirty and was still solid. Going to clean mine after this winter.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
put the stock piece back on, no more issues with performance. i took the turbosmart one apart, had brass shavings inside........ pretty sure i got a dud part.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
put the stock piece back on, no more issues with performance. i took the turbosmart one apart, had brass shavings inside........ pretty sure i got a dud part.
The Piston probably got ruined when it was too loose.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts