Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...cts/tune-turbo-upgrade-for-2016-ford-focus-rs

vargas ts stage 2 rs compressor wheel.jpg vargas ts stage 2 RS.png vargas ts stage 2 rs turbine wheel.jpg

PRE-ORDER PRICING! THESE WILL GO UP $300.00 after the preorder is done. Pre-order is limited to 10 units, Soon as they are done prices will be changed!

Preorder Pricing:
Stage 2 - $1799.00 + 50.00 shipping
Stage 2+ - $2099.00 + 50.00 shipping

Stage 2: Up to 500-525whp

Stage 2+: Up to 600whp

Horsepower levels listed ABOVE are maximums and require a built engine and fuel system to go beyond 425whp. Stock engine can be used up to 425whp, it is suggested to do this with the TUNE+ Port Injection system and a higher grade fuel (E85, Race Gas)

91oct - 350-365whp depending on fuel quality and modifications

93oct - 370-390whp depending on fuel quality and modificatons

E30 - 400-420whp depending on modifications, fuel system will be maxed out.

Shipping is free within the continental 48 states!

CORE EXCHANGE INFORMATION

Once you place your order, if you chose to pay the core charge the turbo will be manufactured out of a brand new 100% OEM Focus RS turbocharger. This will eliminate downtime on your side by taking the turbo off your car and shipping it in. Once you receive the upgraded turbo you will swap them out and email [email protected] for a return address and RMA#. Once we receive your factory turbocharger back you will be issued a refund of $1000.00.

If you choose to send in your stock turbo we will email you after your order with shipping information and Ref#.

[From the manufacturer....]
We are proud to introduce the latest in our line of turbocharger products the VTT Stage 2/Stage2+ upgraded turbocharger. Every part on these turbos were designed around our specific goals for power, flow, and reliability. What we ended up with is a turbocharger, that can utilize the stock location while providing enough flow for 500WHP+. To put it bluntly, there is no other 500-600WHP capable turbocharger option on the market that can match the spool, ease of fitment, power or reliability of our Stage 2 / 2+ turbocharger!

Please choose between Stage 2 (71MM) or Stage 2+ (76MM) depending on which power level you are looking for. Stage 2+ is a $300 upcharge

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm no engineer but I've been reading allot on the RS. It seems as though I'll need $2100 for the "stage 2+" PLUS like another 10 GRAND or MORE in upgrades just to handle 600 hp..IE: trans, engine build..etc.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no engineer but I've been reading allot on the RS. It seems as though I'll need $2100 for the "stage 2+" PLUS like another 10 GRAND or MORE in upgrades just to handle 600 hp..IE: trans, engine build..etc.
And you aren't wrong. A built engine, aux fueling, bigger turbo, and making sure the engine can breathe requires quite a bit of coin if you're dropping it all in at once. No one said it was cheap to build a car with as much power as a rally stage racer.

If you want 600 ponies cheap, buy a used v8 and put forced induction on it.

Reactions: darkabyss

·
Registered
943 Posts
It will be interesting to see how this hybrid turbo ends up working. From having held the actual stage 2 turbo in my hands I can confirm that the turbine housing is in fact larger than the one on the RS turbo. From the mounting on the head to the actual turbine housing itself, the actual Vargas stage 2 is physically bigger and as such will undoubtedly flow better than the stock unit.

If they're only doing the compressor side (which is what it sounds like) I'm not seeing how the hybrid turbo will match the performance of the actual stage 2. Hopefully I'm wrong.

You can see the physical size differences here:

IMG_5375.JPG
IMG_5374.JPG

Reactions: darkabyss
1 - 5 of 5 Posts