Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 NB RS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a dumb question, but i'll ask anyways since i can't find an answer.
Can/Do tuners update tunes to implement new fixes/revisions Cobb has made?
Like Cobb OTS tunes are at V3.05. So do my tunes update with a firmware update of the AP or will the tuner need to do that?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I'm not entirely sure either, but of the handful of tuners that I've worked with, none of them have provided "updates" to the tune I got from them. I could be wrong, but I believe the firmware updates that Cobb puts out is independent of your tune, only affecting how the AP works (like adding certain features like the oil change reset short cut, etc.) but is completely independent of your ECU tuning.

The few OTS version updates that they do put out could be due to it being applicable to all cars (and to fix issues that arise from that) vs a custom tune that you would get from a tuner that is tailored to your particular car.

I only know of one tuner that does "tune updates" but for a fee, which is Stratified, and it's only for their "flash" tunes. I guess they are constantly updating the "base" tune these flash tunes are based on, which is why they charge for it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Stratified will retune you with their latest base tune for a fee, which I have done. Took about 4 revisions on 91.

·
Registered
2018 NB RS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just wondering. How my exhaust valve behaves while cold starting and my gauge needle behaves while map swapping is completely different with an OTS tune than with the custom one. Like in the OTS tune, they behave like the updates say they should. Well, thanks for the answers.

·
Registered
2018 NB RS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw, What I’m taking about is comparing some basic functionality between the OTS tunes I’ve use and my tune+ tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts