Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, it was too good to last. 2 things. Nokian has discontinued the zr19 version of the ZLine of this tire. I went to buy some and the price had changed to $140+ with a new stock number.

I called Nokian. I was told that the summer tire has been discontinued for their newer A/S ZLine.

The tread pattern has changed. It is an UHP All Season tire now. Wet weather handling is supposed to be better.

I found the tires online for $85 apiece. So I'm going to try the A/S version. I'll let folks know how they are. Getting installed right now.

Nokian still has inventory of the summer tire. The lowest price any dealer is selling for currently is over $140 each, still a good deal.

The A/S is supposed to be on par. But! It does come with a 50k tread warranty! Cant get that in a summer tire.

I'll take pics later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Update.
So far one full week of driving on them. Grip seems very good, but I haven't pushed too hard yet.

The ride quality of my car has changed quite a bit. I noticed the most when going over some rough spots of road with breaks and split levels that I drive omw to work every day. The jarring hits are gone and the ride is smoothed out some.

This does not get rid of the pogo effect on wavy roads, but it is much better. No weird tracking issues.

With the 50k tread warranty and the fact I got 43k out of my original micheline, I think I'm gonna have these tires for an very long time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check them out. They're a great tire for a stupid cheap price. Nokian will send you a goody box too if you ask them on instagram. They're a good company with a good product.

I'll definitely be buying more of their stuff.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, it was too good to last. 2 things. Nokian has discontinued the zr19 version of the ZLine of this tire. I went to buy some and the price had changed to $140+ with a new stock number.

I called Nokian. I was told that the summer tire has been discontinued for their newer A/S ZLine.

The tread pattern has changed. It is an UHP All Season tire now. Wet weather handling is supposed to be better.

I found the tires online for $85 apiece. So I'm going to try the A/S version. I'll let folks know how they are. Getting installed right now.

Nokian still has inventory of the summer tire. The lowest price any dealer is selling for currently is over $140 each, still a good deal.

The A/S is supposed to be on par. But! It does come with a 50k tread warranty! Cant get that in a summer tire.

I'll take pics later.

yeah noticed they’re not listed anymore and got replaced with the A/S version. How did these perform during the summer for you? I don’t live in an area that gets much rain so I may switch to the federals (but they have mixed reviews)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can say nothing but great things about this tire. They have quite a few miles on them now and hardly show any wear. The grip is good and I havent experienced any tire noise. I highly recommend these tires!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve had the Nokia’s A/S’s on for about 25K now and I love em for a good inexpensive DD tire. Still showing 80% tread or better. Great in the rain. Ok in light snow. Not quite as much ultimate dry grip as the MPSS. Great DD. They were like $87 a tire or so

21 - 28 of 28 Posts