Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
RS2 included heated windshield?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Only in UK if you checked the option for the QuickClear windshield.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is quick clear available on the focus titanium, the reason I ask is because due to windshield damage I need to replace with new and wondering if can somehow add that feature???

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Is quick clear available on the focus titanium, the reason I ask is because due to windshield damage I need to replace with new and wondering if can somehow add that feature???

You'll have to order one from outside North America. There is probably a module (it's on a timer) you need as well as the HVAC panel with the switch. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford motor company Ford focus

It won't be a simple plug in, since some of the wiring will probably be missing. That in itself is not a big deal if you get a hold of a wiring diagram.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bumping an old thread, but mine got it this weekend. All the way at the bottom of the windshield...in a spot that it's amazing something managed to get there and not skip off of the hood first. Time to upgrade to a different mirror perhaps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got in my car and there was frost on the inside of the windshield. I turned the defroster on and my windshield cracked from top to bottom in an s shape. Ford refused to fix it saying a rock hit hit. I told them that there was frost on the inside which means that the seal is broken someplace. They still refused any help.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I’m on my 4th windshield on the RS. I do a fair amount of winter driving and ice racing, skiing etc and I’ve just had bad luck with em. I also need to replace the windshield in the flex and I have an appt booked for the STi lol. Canada….

·
Registered
858 Posts
Didn't Fast & Loud buy a screen for an Ferrari F50 at something stupid like $12k

Generally a chip due to impact turns into a crack over time, I would always have a seamless chip repair undertaken a bit like a clear resin weld and stops further cracking. Some insurance companies (UK) repair for free or at a reduced cost around £15.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
for those of us who track our cars, do autox etc we won’t pass tech. Plus for me insurance covers most of it.

for example my STi today cost $1100 cad, I paid $200
Mine was going to be covered by insurance and replaced the next day but the heat at work the day before caused it to crack halfway down. After that insurance said that it wasn't covered anymore and I had to pay my deductible.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts