Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some research trying to find another trans fluid that can be used in our cars.

If you check out the amsoil MSDS sheet (amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g3431.pdf[/url]) for their DCT it shows • Ford* WSS-M2C-936-A
Now if we go to the motul msds sheet ([s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/motul-production2/images/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/56703/Multi_DCTF_%28GB%29.pdf?1510939252][/url])
it shows Ford WSS-M2C-936-A, WSS-M2C-200-D2

If Ford* WSS-M2C-936-A is listed as good to use from amsoil, and you can use the motul on the same application.... would you not think the amsoil would be a direct replacement as well?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have been doing some research trying to find another trans fluid that can be used in our cars.

If you check out the amsoil MSDS sheet (amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g3431.pdf[/url]) for their DCT it shows • Ford* WSS-M2C-936-A
Now if we go to the motul msds sheet ([s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/motul-production2/images/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/56703/Multi_DCTF_%28GB%29.pdf?1510939252][/url])
it shows Ford WSS-M2C-936-A, WSS-M2C-200-D2

If Ford* WSS-M2C-936-A is listed as good to use from amsoil, and you can use the motul on the same application.... would you not think the amsoil would be a direct replacement as well?
Though I've not run it, the Amsoil *should* work.

I've been running the Motul DCTF in my transmission ever since the car went back together over 13k miles ago. It's been working very well. I don't have any issues with shifting.

Motul DCTF

The transmission takes 2 quarts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually got a response from Amsoil, they are working on a product for our transmission. They were unable to provide me a timeline but at least they confirmed something is in the works!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts