Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can restart one of these once the RS hits.. but until then, anyone have any track vids to share? I have a number on YT but I'll post one from this weekend.. still learning the car and it's not at all setup how I want it yet but anyways:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here's a good one of me trying to chase down a McLaren MP4-12C at Gingerman Raceway in my Mustang. I was a bit sloppy in the beginning and kept getting held up by traffic and when I finally caught up to him, hit hit the pits! :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a few on my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3PUl4H0ge8NSl_le308UpQ/videos

Here's one of my sessions at AMP in 2014 on the stock Goodyears.

One of my sessions at Miller Motorsports Park for the Octane Academy.

This was a TrackCross at NCM in an Ecoboost Mustang when they first came out.

We did an AutoX at NCM for our OctoberFast event this year. I was on RE71Rs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@xBoosted I just went to AMP this past weekend for the iTrack event. What a track! Can't wait to go back! Anxious to see how the time differs between the ST & RS. 18x9 Team dynamics with 245/40 Michelin Cup 2s

Putnam Park on Dunlop Direzzas:

NCM

Focus ST on Dunlop Direzzas

In my buddies EJ1 Civic with aero

Some drifting in my Focus ST at NCM & Putnam:

1976 Formula Ford Van Diemen Autocrossing:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AMP is pretty awesome (not as good as Road Atlanta though), I drove it awhile ago:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sebring at night, also from this weekend:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Road Atlanta is on my list for next year. That and VIR, CMP, and Mid-Ohio. Sebring at night looks awesome btw!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The knocking sound is actually my radar detector in the glove box, not cones lol!

My first AutoX run

My last run of that day

Me at STOA (I do change the camera angle after the first part)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Road Atlanta is on my list for next year. That and VIR, CMP, and Mid-Ohio. Sebring at night looks awesome btw!
Sebring at night is fun. The lights work well there. I've driven VIR overnight and they didn't have any lights.. and the lights on the race car sucked so it was terrible haha

CMP is fun, but it's not a destination track IMO. Go there if you are doing it with friends or something but otherwise spend the time and money on Road Atlanta, VIR and Mid-Ohio. All of which are awesome! I should have video of all of those on my channel but may have been too lazy to upload any VIR videos. I need to upload Laguna Seca and Road America videos too I think..

Too lazy :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dave,

Good to see you here. Do you have one on order yet?
Yep. Although I'm seriously considering cancelling and just buying a Z06, Cayman S or similar. Not sure the Focus will be that great of a DD over any other Focus and it'll get such little track time (where it would shine IMO) that I'm not sure I can justify 40k for it.

Haven't decided yet though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These three videos are from a car I sold in 2015. It had 318 horsepower and 246 torque at the wheels.

Watkins Glen - 2:02.6 - The Glen was repaved after the 2015 NASCAR race, so this shows the now-former concrete patches. Time for drivers to find new pavement markers!

Mont Tremblant - 1:51.6 - Nice, sharp, full-sun view of this incredible track. You can see why F1, Can-Am, Grand-Am & Champ Car ran here back in the day. If you have the chance, go - you won't regret it.

Lime Rock Park - 59.4 - Sorry for the shaky camera mount and the slipped-down mirror! This one is probably of interest only if you've driven the track.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nurburgring in a flappy paddle BRZ w/ semi-slicks, upgraded brakes/suspension, gutted interior w/ roll cage /race seats w/ 5-point harness:

Sebring in a lightly-modded GTI w/ PCA:

Road Atlanta in the GTI w/ PCA:

BONUS: Steel belt in LR tire breaking at Sebring in a Boxster:

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts

Took my Van Diemen over to NCM for their Track-X event. Was an absolute blast, I've always autocrossed this car so it was fun to finally get a taste of what it's like on track. Currently geared for autocross too so I was definitely gear limited.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Radical SR3 at Spring Mountain. great facility, super fun car to drive:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
rever5e
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing