Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’m looking at getting a set of dedicated wheels and tires for track days and autocross. Want to stay Ds and whatever stock would be if I start doing time trials too.

I know a wider 8.5 or even 9 would be better, but basically everything of that size is 19”. I’d planned on going down to 18” for weight and tire selection, plus price.

Any thoughts on that? What have you all done.

I posted in tires but I’m looking for function so thought racing might be a better sub to post in.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I’m looking at getting a set of dedicated wheels and tires for track days and autocross.

I know a wider 8.5 or even 9 would be better, but basically everything of that size is 19”. I’d planned on going down to 18” for weight and tire selection, plus price.

Any thoughts on that? What have you all done.

I posted in tires but I’m looking for function so thought racing might be a better sub to post in.
Stick with 18x8 if you want o AutoX in DS(street class ). If that doesn’t matter go 18x8.5 or 18x9. (19s just weight and cost )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you're not planning on messing with the suspension and want to compete in DS... stay 18x8. If you don't care about that stuff, you'll be pushed up to STU. Either way, 18's are going to be the better buy regardless. I think the only folks that are running 19's at the track are folks who run their stocks or have invested in even bigger brake kits than the Brembos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts