Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love seeing all the RSs getting out on track, especially the exterior video of cars going past.

I wanted a thread to post some onboard video highlights (a particular incident or fast lap) so I started one here:

Nice. I will post there.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Exiting turn 11 onto the front straight at Laguna Seca, trying not to think about how much faster the M2 comp is behind me.
One of these summers I’m gonna drive to NorCal for a couple weeks and do LS, Sonoma and Thunderhill...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
764 Posts
Road tripped to Colorado to do a couple track days with a friend. Some really fun tracks out there (High Plains and Pueblo Motorsports).

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Road tripped to Colorado to do a couple track days with a friend. Some really fun tracks out there (High Plains and Pueblo Motorsports).

Great meeting you on Friday! Fun time out there, wish the cars were running a bit better/it was 30 degrees cooler!

I didn't get a single picture of mine on the track. :( I told my father in law to snap a good picture of 2, but he didn't even try. :( Would have been cool if you, me and the other NB RS that was there got a shot together on track. Been out on HPR a few times, but this was the first time I had seen another RS out there!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yeah, great to meet you too! The heat was definitely unfortunate but I enjoyed the tracks nonetheless. If you haven’t checked out Pueblo it is worth it. Turns 5-7 are just as tricky and fun as anything at HPR. 5 gave me de ja vu from the two uphill rights at HPR.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I don't typically purchase track pics but since it's been a while and I didn't have any of the car in it's most "current" form, I decided "why not" and splurged a little.

TBH, a little disappointed since the photographer took too many "up-close" shots or really thightly cropped the images, so the sense of speed isn't really there, but there was a handful of keepers in there, so it was still worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I don't typically purchase track pics but since it's been a while and I didn't have any of the car in it's most "current" form, I decided "why not" and splurged a little.

View attachment 342678

View attachment 342679

View attachment 342680

View attachment 342681

TBH, a little disappointed since the photographer took too many "up-close" shots or really thightly cropped the images, so the sense of speed isn't really there, but there was a handful of keepers in there, so it was still worth it.

Where's the pic with a car model with/on your car?!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Actually, the more I look at all the pics that I got, the happier I am that they took such close shots. You can really see the tire deflection on some of these pics during hard cornering. Just comes to show how important camber is for these cars. Mine are set to -2.5/-2 F/R and the tires look happy and no where close to rolling over!

You can also really see the way the contact patch behaves and the tire's slip angle, with the outside (blue) getting most of the grip and pulling while the inside (red) barely getting any loading at all and just touching on the inside of tire!

Where's the pic with a car model with/on your car?!
None of them would be caught dead with my sh1t box. Besides, I bet they just ran away once I started pulling out my kid's car seats at the track lol

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Actually, the more I look at all the pics that I got, the happier I am that they took such close shots. You can really see the tire deflection on some of these pics during hard cornering. Just comes to show how important camber is for these cars. Mine are set to -2.5/-2 F/R and the tires look happy and no where close to rolling over!

View attachment 342687

You can also really see the way the contact patch behaves and the tire's slip angle, with the outside (blue) getting most of the grip and pulling while the inside (red) barely getting any loading at all and just touching on the inside of tire!

View attachment 342688

None of them would be caught dead with my sh1t box. Besides, I bet they just ran away once I started pulling out my kid's car seats at the track lol
Hey, they see you pulling those Recaro child seats, they are like "Ayyyyy Tatay!!!"

·
Registered
877 Posts

View attachment 342687

View attachment 342688

Looking good there!
Any pics of the baby Recaro 5 point harness?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Looking good there!
Any pics of the baby Recaro 5 point harness?
Not sure if serious lol but I actually didn't like any of the Recaro kids seats and opted for Chicco, whiched looked to be designed better, both safety and usability (ie installation, disassembly for the inevitable need to wash, etc)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not sure if serious lol but I actually didn't like any of the Recaro kids seats and opted for Chicco, whiched looked to be designed better, both safety and usability (ie installation, disassembly for the inevitable need to wash, etc)
I was extremely serious! :)
My buddy has a 5 point harness from Recaro for his tiny one!

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts

I just finished a track day yesterday and the outsides edges are wearing much worse than the rest of the tire. I am running -2.5 front and rear. Tires are Federal RS/RR 255 on 8.5 19" rims. I am thinking about going to 18' rims for more tire options

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Have any pics of your wear? What hot tire pressures were you running? Sounds like you might be running too low of a pressure?

Here's a pic of mine. Notice there is wear on the outside, but no rolling over, "chunking", "cording", etc. There will always be more wear along the outside just by design,but you shouldn't be getting so much that you are substantially damaging the tire.

FYI, these are 245/40-18 Hankook R-S4's

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Pretty good wear on those tires.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Have any pics of your wear? What hot tire pressures were you running? Sounds like you might be running too low of a pressure?

Here's a pic of mine. Notice there is wear on the outside, but no rolling over, "chunking", "cording", etc. There will always be more wear along the outside just by design,but you shouldn't be getting so much that you are substantially damaging the tire.

FYI, these are 245/40-18 Hankook R-S4's

My wear looks about the same but a little more edge wear. , I run 38 cold. After a 20 minute track time,pressure is around 42-44 an tire temperature at 200-225.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts