Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought some pics from the photographer who is always at the SCCA track events. I looked for a track pics thread but surprisingly didn't find one. So here's a thread to post pics of your RS at the track!

Sebring
2018_09_0208_53_294034.jpg

Daytona
2018_09_2911_21_200107.JPG

Daytona
2018_09_2909_08_319534.jpg

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I was at LCTM (Le Circuit Mont Tremblant) twice this year.

May 15th with the Jim Russell racing school for their performance driving course (only got pictures in the pits):

2.JPG

May 20th with a local auto racing group and a friend who owns an M2, chose the best pictures I had (hard to decide) and one video that is not so bad (if it can be uploaded). I need to edit the inboard videos I have with the overlays (Garmin virb auto racing bundle) before I can post that too!

3.JPG

4.jpg

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.jpg

9.JPG

·
Registered
51 Posts
My "track car" was stuck in the garage this year, so I was able to try out the RS a few times. It's a fun, stable, easy-to-drive car -- and it's reasonably fast pretty much in stock form (certainly faster than my ST). I really enjoyed it. These are all from The Ridge Motorsports Park from last season.

i-njJB4Rr-X2.jpg
i-vQzK8s7-X2.jpg
i-zwxbh96-X3.jpg

This is my designated "track car" when it was not stuck in the garage from 2017 (it's out now and I hope to get it to the track in 2019; it's definitely a woot to toss):

IMG_8548-X4.jpg

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
How did your white paint hold up to the heat of the track? My freshly refinished wheels were ****ed after lol
They did great. No bubbling or anything, even in the inside. Of course I had the usual black greasy scuffs from the rubber "pebbles" but those came off very easily with some goof off

What wheels do you have? Were they refinished with wheel/high temp specific paint?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Great shot but two things i've never seen from a car on track before
- sunroof open (NASA, SCCA etc all usually say "closed")
- baby seat still in car (?)
Lol, good catch! I think some groups allow (and sometimes want) the sunroof open for the same reasons they want all windows down. I am, on the other hand, surprised to see the child seat. Usually they want everything thing "loose" out of the car. I'm guessing this doesn't count since its pretty well secured? I still take mine out BECAUSERACECARWEIGHTREDUCTION! lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
As long as there is no baby in it! They are usually pretty cool as it is quite well secured. The tnia guys are usually pretty street car sympathetic as that is their main goal, to get casual guys into track days

1 - 20 of 56 Posts