Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Carbotech now has RS pads. Anyone aware of any other options for the track? Hawk, Pagid, PFC etc? Last fall spent 6 days on track (2 events) with the OEM stock pads and they were not all that bad. Stopped reasonably well, no big fade issues and rotors still looked great. Could be I was just not going fast enough...lol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm doing a weekend at the Auto Club Roval in Fontana the first weekend in March and I'm looking for a set of track pads as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
G-LOC has track pads for the RS.

I ran the OE pads this summer at some hard braking tracks without much trouble. Very little fade with a good Dot 4 fluid, and the minor fade I noticed was easily manageable. I did get some brake judder after aggressive sessions. My theory is the OE pads overheat and 'smear' on the disc causing the judder. 1000km of street driving later they seem to have cleared up. For reference I always take a warm up lap and a cool down lap, and I almost never go more than 20 minutes at 10/10. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been to a track event where I could get in 30 min of clear lapping.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've heard the carbotechs are pretty hard on rotors.

I've been emailing Endless:

Thanks for the email. Replacement rotors will most likely not be available as the market would be too small to develop a new application. But the brake pads should be.

With newer applications it gets a bit difficult for us to match up the correct pad shapes but from what I could find it should be the EIP155 front and EIP157 rear. I'm pretty confident these are correct, but would it be possible for you to take a look at what you currently have on the car and match them up with the diagrams that are attached?

I don't have anything on the shelf right now, but if you could let me know which compounds you'd be interested in I can check with our factory to see how long it will take to get the pads in.

Thanks,

Erik

Endless USA
17222 Gothard Street, Suite D
Huntington Beach, CA 92647

[email protected]
Phone: (714) 842-8551
Fax: (714) 842-8568
EndlessUSA

Feel free to contact Erik and confirm shapes, I haven't had time.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Pagid RS29 and RS14 are good

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I think our only options are still the crappy options mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I see Carbotech now has RS pads. Anyone aware of any other options for the track? Hawk, Pagid, PFC etc? Last fall spent 6 days on track (2 events) with the OEM stock pads and they were not all that bad. Stopped reasonably well, no big fade issues and rotors still looked great. Could be I was just not going fast enough...lol.
Go faster :) Haha. I was fading Carbotech pads at VIR and not pushing extremely hard...

G-LOC has track pads for the RS.

I ran the OE pads this summer at some hard braking tracks without much trouble. Very little fade with a good Dot 4 fluid, and the minor fade I noticed was easily manageable. I did get some brake judder after aggressive sessions. My theory is the OE pads overheat and 'smear' on the disc causing the judder. 1000km of street driving later they seem to have cleared up. For reference I always take a warm up lap and a cool down lap, and I almost never go more than 20 minutes at 10/10. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been to a track event where I could get in 30 min of clear lapping.
G-Loc's current pad compounds are the same as Carbotech... and I'm not impressed. I overheated and smeared them in two 30 minute sessions, one of which was spent driving in a conga line.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Which Carbotech pads are you running? I've had great results with Carbotechs in my Spec Miata - I know: apples and oranges...

·
Registered
89 Posts
heavy (track) duty but light weight two piece rotors can keep the braking temperature down, lower the risk of pad fading and extend pad life which is a healthier way to run RS on tracks.

RB two piece stock replacement rotors are made to 350x28mm (vs. OE's 350x25mm) yet still can save you 4.4 lbs per rotor; or 8.8 lbs per axle.

RacingBrake Front OE Two Piece Replacement Rotor for Ford Focus RS 2016+

Guarantee result or your money back.

In stock.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
heavy (track) duty but light weight two piece rotors can keep the braking temperature down, lower the risk of pad fading and extend pad life which is a healthier way to run RS on tracks.

RB two piece stock replacement rotors are made to 350x28mm (vs. OE's 350x25mm) yet still can save you 4.4 lbs per rotor; or 8.8 lbs per axle.

RacingBrake Front OE Two Piece Replacement Rotor for Ford Focus RS 2016+

Guarantee result or your money back.

In stock.
Great to see another option. What pads will fit with the thicker rotor?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same OE pads & OE calipers nothing special.

The fitment was duly verified and certified - You just have to make sure when you install aftermarket pads they are not made thicker than OE.

RB rotors offset was designed based on the assembly of OE caliper & pad, so they fit better (more even clearance) than OE rotors and future other after-maket rotors.

In fact this offset correction is not the first we did it. Same was made to Viper G1/G2 rotor replacement for both OE and other aftermarket rotors.
https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/16221-Brake-Job-Rotor-Now-Contacts-the-Brake-Caliper?p=262942&viewfull=1#post262942

The RacingBrake 2-piece rotors arrived today and I have to say they were packaged really well. They looked great, no machine marks on the hat, the finish is nice and uniform and the rotors themselves appears to be made well. I got them on the car and, as predicted, they appear to be moved inward approx .040" which places the rotors very close to the center of my calipers. I have to say that I am impressed with RacingBrake; they appear to have actually designed the rotors around measurements they took on an actual Viper knuckle rather than just measuring an OE part and reverse engineering the component. I would still be interested if others have the time and desire to see where their rotors sit in relation to the caliper; I would suspect they sit towards the outside of the caliper as mine did. I also installed the brake pads that came with the new rotors as I was rather unimpressed with the Hawk HPS pads I had on the car for a mere 10 miles. Once the weather cooperates I'll get the car out and report back on the RacingBrake rotor and brake pad performance. Thanks again everyone for helping me get this figured out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Racing Brake, You speak in interesting words and phrases but do not bring tested facts. Please provide your research and include variable operating temps.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I really don't understand how it can cost 900$ for 2 rotor.

The hat probably need to be made from scrath, but i'm sure the disc are share with other platform.

how to make 400% profit on a pair on brake disc

·
Registered
266 Posts
I really don't understand how it can cost 900$ for 2 rotor.

The hat probably need to be made from scrath, but i'm sure the disc are share with other platform.

how to make 400% profit on a pair on brake disc
As with anything if you don't like it don't buy it. As for the RB offering if you look at the StopTech or Mountune offerings they are roughly the same costs so maybe you didn't do any due diligent before spewing snarky comments. But hey its the internet so why would I expect anything else. :glee:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
About this Discussion
112 Replies
51 Participants
seniorgeek
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing