Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Also at COTA with Events

Apparently, it was very successful last year and they're doing it again. If you prefer to avoid the heat during the summer, they run at night. The event will be using the same lights that are used for WEC. For now, this will be a solo only event.

Circuit of The Americas After Dark - July 19, 2019 (tentative) $575 and up

Circuit of The Americas After Dark - August 9 & 10, 2019 $575 and up

·
Registered
696 Posts
I can’t wait to finally get to go give it a shot. Be at Pitt Race hopefully a few times!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got an email from them saying no more passengers in hot laps. While I understand their concerns about safety and distractions, that is a bit of a bummer. You can still have a passenger on the n00bcake laps, though.

I use n00bcake non-judgingly as that's what I signed up for last year. I loved the extra track time.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got an email from them saying no more passengers in hot laps. While I understand their concerns about safety and distractions, that is a bit of a bummer. You can still have a passenger on the n00bcake laps, though.

I use n00bcake non-judgingly as that's what I signed up for last year. I loved the extra track time.
What track did you run on? I am usually at NJMP and occasionally at Pocono. I plan to do Dominion sometime this year.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One day at NJMP for TNIA there were 4 RS which is the must I have seen at the tracks. 2 grey, 1 blue, and 1 white. Last time I was at Pocono there was 1 white and one black besides me.
The guy in the white has it stripped down as a totally track car.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Not sure if this applies to other TNiA events, but I got this e-mail for a rule change this year for the NorCal events at T-hill West

I am reaching out to let you know about an upcoming rule change for the 2019 season. As of this year, we will no longer allow drivers to have passengers in the car during hot sessions, even if they are other participants.

The reason for this change is simple- we want to ensure the safety of the drivers in each car. While passengers can be a valuable experience in some cases, the risk caused by distraction is too great. For those of you who have enjoyed riding together for education purposes, I would encourage you to rely on video and data acquisition options for sharing, coaching and on-track improvement. I would also recommend checking out SCCA’s Starting Line Performance Driving School, or another instructional program that relies upon professional in car instruction.

Passengers will still be allowed and encouraged during Touring Laps. You may even find that the slower pace makes it easier to discuss the track and dissect the line through a corner.
Its a bit of a bummer since I like riding along with others/have other ride with me to get pointers and tips on how and where to gain more time. Similar rules have been implemented by other groups and tracks. It is unfortunate, but in the light of all the accidents, injuries and even some fatalities, its understandable.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just signed up for the April 24th night at Pitt Race. Anyone bought the discounted helmets from SPS? Thinking about snagging one finally since its only like 140

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be going to the May 21 TNIA at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Probably June at NJMP, and Pocono too. May also go to Dominion in VA.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just signed up for TNIA at Dominion Raceway in VA on April 18. It will be my first trip to that track.
Any one else going that day?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts