Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to get more information about local race tracks that are open to the public. I really want to push my RS to see what the limits are. The only track I am familiar with is Waterford:

Waterford Hills Road Racing

They only have a few dates open - I cannot make August 28 but maybe the September date will work.

Anyone have some other options?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Your only choices are Waterford, Gratten, Gingerman and Mid Ohio.
You will want to find the clubs or groups that rent them out for track days. Also look up Trackguys and Jeff Lacina.

What Joe said.

Reactions: LouFromDetroit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look up 3 Balls Racing, they have a track day at Grattan coming up in a few weeks. Great group of guys, they put on a fun day.

Ps - where are you in Detroit? I've yet to see an NB in person, would love to check it out!

·
Registered
241 Posts
A few other options:

Autocross: MSCC, Corvette Club sometimes has autocross for any type of car, Alfa Romeo Owners Club (usually at Oakland University), and of course SCCA. If you want to travel a little further, there is Furrin Group or Saginaw Valley SCCA or Northwest Ohio SCCA. I haven't been following it since I left SEMI, but rumor was that they were going to build a track at the old Pontiac truck plant.

Tracks: Sometimes Michigan International Speedway has track events also.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've been planning on doing the Sept Waterford OTD for a long time. Haven't paid yet, but I'm almost positive I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Damn, I just jinxed myself. The yearly family camping trip is the weekend of the September Waterford hills OTD. Looks like it'll have to be the October one for me.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've been planning on doing the Sept Waterford OTD for a long time. Haven't paid yet, but I'm almost positive I'm gonna do it.
I'm already signed up and paid for, but I might switch to October pending on when the car gets in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look up 3 Balls Racing, they have a track day at Grattan coming up in a few weeks. Great group of guys, they put on a fun day.

Ps - where are you in Detroit? I've yet to see an NB in person, would love to check it out!
Thanks for the suggestions. I live in the Commerce Township area near Union Lake. If you see a PA temporary tag plate then it is I.

·
Registered
16 Posts
https://clubregistration.net This site has lots of track events across the country. I use it register for Porsche events. We plan to be at the Friday August 5th event. I've been to numerous events with the PCA club at Waterford, Gingerman, and Mid-Ohio. The Porsche guys run a top notch program. They stress safety and education first and foremost. For all novice and intermediate drivers they have instructors that ride with you, to keep you safe and to tell you how to drive the track. For anybody that hasn't done a track day before, I highly recommend a PCA event.

The Michigan Shelby club also has some events at Waterford as well. SAAC-MCR.COM We're planning at being at one or two of the events in September and October. This club also stresses safety and education, and offers instructors as well, and are great group of members and cars.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your only choices are Waterford, Gratten, Gingerman and Mid Ohio.
You will want to find the clubs or groups that rent them out for track days. Also look up Trackguys and Jeff Lacina.

What Joe said.
You also now have the M1 Concourse Track in Pontiac. It's fully paved and open!

I second the guys at 3 Balls. I've been tracking with them for years in my Mustang and will be tracking my RS with them in the future. They have an event at the new M1 Concourse track on August 13th, but it's already sold out! They have 2 more events at Grattan (2 days for each event) still available this year though: Event Registration. They also do a discount if you buy a full weekend.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I gotta get to gingerman some time. I'm going to Putnam park near Indy this weekend with gator motorsports . There is probably still room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts