Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking if maybe all us RS owners could do a track day at laguna seca in early 2017 as most cars are most likely being delivered by November. Who else would like to do this and what color and options did you get on your RS?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Would be fun for you Cali guys, us UT and CO people may have to do something on our own though. Thats quite a far drive.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If my plans to move out west this summer end up happening I'll be sure to include Laguna Seca on my cross-country road trip even if it's slightly out of the way.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm down with a Laguna seca track day in 2017. I'll follow this thread.

Nitrous blue RS2

Oh. List:

1. Mr. Mister
2. Zeroescence

·
Registered
972 Posts
Thunder hill as well. Either way I'm down. Lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm from Vancouver BC but would make a drive down if you guys were serious about this!

I personally think that thunderhill is more suited to trackdays; I find Laguna is more suited for racing than trackdays (in my humble opinion).

Would love to meet other RS owners!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yeah a track day then drift pad would make for an awesome day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm from Vancouver BC but would make a drive down if you guys were serious about this!

I personally think that thunderhill is more suited to trackdays; I find Laguna is more suited for racing than trackdays (in my humble opinion).

Would love to meet other RS owners!
I live 30 min away from T-Hill so im for sure going. I currently try to go three to five times a year in the bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
so jealous of you california guys! We have one track here about an hour away from us which is basically a drag strip with some turns connecting them together, and the next closest one is 4-5 hours away :(.

I've driven down to California twice this year just to experience Thunderhill and Laguna and love them both!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I live in Berkeley so I'm only a couple hours away from Laguna and have ordered a NB RS. I would be down but my only concern is what is required to modify the vehicle? Is a roll bar required, or non-reclining seats? And upgraded safety belts? As well, event insurance is required. Would be fun but sounds like way too much a hassle to enjoy my car. A drive up hwy 1 sounds way more enjoyable and no going over the same track over and over. Look I went faster ... but I didn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You Cal guys are spoiled, what with the amount of tracks you have to play on. Washington was lucky to have a group of investors get The Ridge up and running in Shelton a few years ago. Hope it sticks around. Pacific Raceways isn't all that great, but at least it's close to home.

And, in for an RS track day. Or two.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I live in Berkeley so I'm only a couple hours away from Laguna and have ordered a NB RS. I would be down but my only concern is what is required to modify the vehicle? Is a roll bar required, or non-reclining seats? And upgraded safety belts? As well, event insurance is required. Would be fun but sounds like way too much a hassle to enjoy my car. A drive up hwy 1 sounds way more enjoyable and no going over the same track over and over. Look I went faster ... but I didn't go anywhere.
You don't have to modify the vehicle at all, and special insurance is not required. If the event you are doing is classified as a school type of event (NOT timed) then often times you are still covered by your standard car insurance. You just need a helmet. Driving on the track is more about driver skill and improving your abilities as a driver in a safe, controlled environment. It's not always about where your driving to. If it's not your thing that's fine, but don't hate on it in a thread talking about the track.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You don't have to modify the vehicle at all, and special insurance is not required. If the event you are doing is classified as a school type of event (NOT timed) then often times you are still covered by your standard car insurance. You just need a helmet. Driving on the track is more about driver skill and improving your abilities as a driver in a safe, controlled environment. It's not always about where your driving to. If it's not your thing that's fine, but don't hate on it in a thread talking about the track.
I've done my own research and you are incorrect. Special insurance is required in most cases. I will continue to express my opinion as I wish and feel free to express yours. But I will throw this out there, name the place and time when we get our RSs, I will stuff you in every corner, lol!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've done my own research and you are incorrect. Special insurance is required in most cases. I will continue to express my opinion as I wish and feel free to express yours. But I will throw this out there, name the place and time when we get our RSs, I will stuff you in every corner, lol!
Haha bring it on!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seconded. Some insurance policies specify that the coverage stops as soon as you are on the property, not just on track.
Totally true, it depends a lot on the company and policy. I've seen a lot of cars covered by insurance after getting stuffed into walls on course. It does depend and everyone should check their policy, but at non timed events with certain driving groups some insurance companies do provide coverage under normal policies. Mine happens to be one of them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts