Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm already planning on doing a HPDE event later this summer after I get the RS and break it in a little. Does anyone have any first hand experience with any track insurance companies? I've done a very brief search, and it looks like $200 give or take is the going rate for one day of coverage? Anyone know of any reputable companies with cheaper coverage?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've never gotten it but I would recommend it to everyone. My buddy just lost his car this weekend due to a track day mishap....hate to see anyone loose their car dude to shenanigans

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I don't do track work and I don't intend to, but any mishap causing damage to the RS despite insurance, would be a heartbreak in my book........

·
Registered
190 Posts
Another vote for Lockton here. You can usually buy a 6 event package and save some money.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm already planning on doing a HPDE event later this summer after I get the RS and break it in a little. Does anyone have any first hand experience with any track insurance companies? I've done a very brief search, and it looks like $200 give or take is the going rate for one day of coverage? Anyone know of any reputable companies with cheaper coverage?
If you go to Waterford Hills, I believe Lockton is your only option. They recently added Waterford Hills to their database. Grattan is also in there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you go to Waterford Hills, I believe Lockton is your only option. They recently added Waterford Hills to their database. Grattan is also in there.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm planning on signing up for the OTD in August there.:eek:nthego:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lockton Affinity is who a lot of the PCA guys use.
I've used Lockton several times in the past, if they offered a policy for the particular HPDE I was attending. Super easy to buy a weekend policy. Thankfully I've also not had to file a claim.

As the rule of thumb goes, don't bring anything to the track that you can't afford to walk away from and write off. It's an expensive hobby.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Track Day Insurance is a no brainer. Lockton or OnTrack. My brother totaled his Bullitt Mustang at NCM, hydroplaned into the wall at NCM.....luckily he had insurance.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If state laws work out for them then it usually comes down to the organizer more than the track. Event organizers have to work with lockton to have their events listed. Something I do every year since it's a great service. I've been using then for years and providing their HPDE insurance as an option to the track events I run for at least 5 years now :thumbup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
What kind of coverage can i expect from track day insurance? i have done a bunch of autocross but no track days yet. Does it just cover damage to the track/ other cars, or can i expect to get money for my car if i wreck?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What kind of coverage can i expect from track day insurance? i have done a bunch of autocross but no track days yet. Does it just cover damage to the track/ other cars, or can i expect to get money for my car if i wreck?
Yes, it covers your car also.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Covers your car, damage to the track, tow fees home (with a limit), etc. it's a great service since it pays for your mods also. Keep your receipts of course. Buddy got over $30k when he wrecked his old integra 4dr. Car was worth maybe 8k but since they'll pay for what you have insured if you have proof and he spent at least that building it he got that. Plus about 10-15k in damages to VIR plus they paid for a haul truck and trailer to get the car home.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Consider it kinda like GAP insurance...you set the value of the car/mods and they will tell you the rate for the weekend. Also...USAA will cover HPDE events on their auto coverage. There are limits (no timed sessions), but between them and a mild trackday rider, you should be safe.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Consider it kinda like GAP insurance...you set the value of the car/mods and they will tell you the rate for the weekend. Also...USAA will cover HPDE events on their auto coverage. There are limits (no timed sessions), but between them and a mild trackday rider, you should be safe.
Everything that I've read online says as of ~2007-2008 USAA will NOT cover track days. There are even documented stories of people for being dropped even for just asking about track coverage. Do you care to cite your sources for us please?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Everything that I've read online says as of ~2007-2008 USAA will NOT cover track days. There are even documented stories of people for being dropped even for just asking about track coverage. Do you care to cite your sources for us please?
Interesting...I will double check and post once I have confirmed. Been running trackdays and USAA coverage for years...if there was a change, I could have missed it. Never made a claim from a trackday...sooooo, take it with a grain of salt?!?!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well...that's what I get for assuming...been running what most consider a 'disposable' track car for 20 years (Miata) and didn't really dive much deeper into it since the mid-90's. I have had many Miatae, some better than others...the last one being a true halo Miata. Haven't mentioned anything to USAA, but have always purchased the trackday coverage as well. Guess I'll now do the whole enchilada with the RS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts