Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the RS need traditional TPMS sensors??

Most, if not all German cars have adopted an ABS based TPMS system which monitors wheel revolutions against another wheel and can tell when a tire is low (because its rotating faster than the others). This is great because it allows you to swap wheels/tires and simply hit a reset button in the glove box.

Has Ford adopted a system like this, or are they still using old school TPMS sensors? I don't want to have to A: spend an extra $150 on TPMS sensors for my winters, or B: stare at the stupid light all winter.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Will the RS need traditional TPMS sensors??

Most, if not all German cars have adopted an ABS based TPMS system which monitors wheel revolutions against another wheel and can tell when a tire is low (because its rotating faster than the others). This is great because it allows you to swap wheels/tires and simply hit a reset button in the glove box.

Has Ford adopted a system like this, or are they still using old school TPMS sensors? I don't want to have to A: spend an extra $150 on TPMS sensors for my winters, or B: stare at the stupid light all winter.
I'm sure the car uses the same system as the other Foci. That being said I have these in my winter set and they work fine. They have gone off when my tire's low, as they should.

Ford Genuine TPMS Sensors 2009 014 Set 4 DE8T 1A180 AA Brand New Take Offs | eBay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Xicutioner
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing