Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TLDR, the FORScan TPMS relearn procedure works different for some reason. If the method with the hazard button doesn't work, the FORScan one still might.

Figured I'd share this since it seems to be a common problem. I recently swapped my summer tires back onto my RS, and for some reason got the TPMS fault. Second time putting the stock tires on, first time getting a fault. Makes sense.

Going through the relearn procedure with the cheapy Amazon relearn tool (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PNP9SVB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), I couldn't get any of the tires to register. Tried a whole bunch of stuff, nothing. Last ditch effort, I tried the relearn procedure in FORScan using the OBD adapter, and the learn procedure went flawlessly. I can't imagine what the difference is, and it looks exactly the same on the dashboard, but there's apparently some difference. Hope this helps someone avoid a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I must be lucky or something. Three sets of wheels (summer, winter, track) with OEM TPMS and I haven’t had to do anything when swapping between them.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I believe most folks run into trouble when pressures are lower than 46 all around, although those pressures are not a cure-all.
Mine was never an issue at 46 on all 4 corners. I did a ton of swapping when it was my DD and AutoX vehicle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I must be lucky or something. Three sets of wheels (summer, winter, track) with OEM TPMS and I haven’t had to do anything when swapping between them.
Mine is the same way - every time I swap between my summers and winters, I never have to do anything. I had been wondering if it has to do with OEM TPMS vs aftermarket...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
JoeDiRT
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing