Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New tires today, went off at first, then came back on. I went and aired them to 41/38 like usual, drove some, still didn’t go off.

Any ideas? Just run by the dealer and have them reset it?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Try 46/46 and drive it for a few miles to see if it goes off. If it does, then back them off to the 41/38. If not, then the dealer.

·
Registered
984 Posts
New tires today, went off at first, then came back on. I went and aired them to 41/38 like usual, drove some, still didn’t go off.

Any ideas? Just run by the dealer and have them reset it?
For the system to be reset, the pressure must be at 46/46. Very annoying but just deal with it for a few days. If the light doesn’t go off, there are two ways to reset the tpms system. Either the method of pressing the hazard switch on and off 6 times and using s scan tool, or the brake stomp on/off method also using a scan tool

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try 46/46 and drive it for a few miles to see if it goes off. If it does, then back them off to the 41/38. If not, then the dealer.
I’ll give this a try in the morning. Maybe that’s what it is cause I just aired them up to 41/36

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It seems to reset for me ok as long as I get it to 41ish and drive for a bit. I used to think 46 was required until I tried that and it worked.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Recently got a screw in my tire (Front Passenger).
Had it patched up and filled to 41 or 42. TPMS light stayed on for about 3 days, then it went away by itself after some driving.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
One of the tires with my MR-501 wheels leaks, I would fill it to 46 while the car was running and the light would be out when I got back in the car.

For the location reset with the tool methods the hazard button one has never worked right for me, the brake/ ignition off/on method does work though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
ControlNode
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing