Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Oh hell yeah! But most likely not in North America.... The thing I like most about Toyota is they have fantastic reliability ratings.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Why does nothing good come to America? It took 15 years of complaining to get the RS/ST. Other than that, we got a watered down merkur xr4ti

·
Registered
58 Posts
2020 Toyota GR Yaris review: Preview Drive

Some interesting facts:
3 cylinder turbo with 185kw (248hp) and AWD
1300kg weight (2866 lbs)

"Toyota executives repeatedly said the company benchmarked more expensive machinery such as the Renault Megane RS, Ford Focus RS, Subaru WRX STI and Hyundai i30N"

"Toyota claims the GR Yaris can still do 0–100km/h [0-60mph] in close to or less than 6.0 seconds"

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts

The Toyota GR Yaris is a 257bhp rally-rep hot hatch

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
My nephew just emailed me this. For $36,000-$42,000..... don't know....

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts

Toyota GR Yaris 2020 review

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I can just imagine once deez are out on the street.

You see this on the light, I bet they are like revving and stuff!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Compared to our RS this is less practical (smaller, 2 door) and down on power but has comparable power-weight ratio. Also, for the same amount of money you get aluminum doors/hood, carbon roof and wide fenders. Seems like a pretty good deal. If only it would come to the states...

·
Registered
286 Posts
View attachment 338289

The Toyota GR Yaris is a 257bhp rally-rep hot hatch

I love that rear end. Big beefy properly boxed fenders like the homologation specials of the Group B days. The front end is really ugly though- it's just a big gaping opening like on the Avalon. But I'm sure its driving dynamics will make up for it.

·
Super Moderator
16,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I like seeing cars like this, even if we don't get them, though I prefer we do. It shows there are still people that work for these big companies that love fun cars, and able to sell the bean counters on there being a market, or enough positive image from it to help the brands other offerings.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I like seeing cars like this, even if we don't get them, though I prefer we do. It shows there are still people that work for these big companies that love fun cars, and able to sell the bean counters on there being a market, or enough positive image from it to help the brands other offerings.
I agree. This is about as close to a real "homologation special" regular folks can get nowadays. Toyota is really killing it with with the enthusiast-centric vehicles lately ever since they did the colab with Subaru for the 86/BRZ.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
There was a reason for that.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts