·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yikes...36 bucks to ship stateside :(

·
Registered
562 Posts
BTW, Fixed it today by myself with the touch up kit form ebay mentioned here. looks gorgeous now :)

One free beer for the first one who is able to spot the repaired area in the video! ;)
Hint1: car is dirty so it's more complicated to spot
hint2: It IS visible, on both closeups :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I never updated this thread...I was able to order it from the dealer. It took about 7 days to get here. Cost was $20 and some change...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Azampatti

·
Registered
456 Posts
I never updated this thread...I was able to order it from the dealer. It took about 7 days to get here. Cost was $20 and some change...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Do you have a Ford OEM part number. My dealer is still having a hard time getting me one almost a year into asking for it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have a Stealth Gray RS and ordered touchup paint from my dealer. It took three business days for me to receive it.

The Motorcraft part number is PMPC19500E012A ('B9') It is a "basecoat + topcoat". Be sure to keep the stick facing directly upward before opening either end as my dealer parts guy had informed me. Photo attached. Cost: $17.64 + tax of $1.06.US.

For Nitrous Blue:

PMPP-19500-E013A

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
The "special rock and chip resistant" line does sound like it could well be dealer BS, but, so far, I have to say I've been favorably impressed with the durability of the Stealth Gray paint on my RS. My last WRX, a 15 model bought in mid-14, was in the I think great looking "World Rally Blue," but that paint chipped and scratched _very_ easily. My red 09 WRX was even worse--you really had to install rally style mud-flaps bc even wet leaves seemed to leave rash marks in the paint.

Best paint job I've ever had was the "Titanium Silver Metallic" on my old Bimmer 1 series. That was a beautiful paint job--hardly any orange peel, super deep gloss--and it was really, really tough. Horrible winter storm brought a bunch of pine branches down on the car at one point; none were big enough to dent, but I thought the thing was going to be scratched all over the roof. Nothing--not even a haze to the clear coat.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for posting RS, lol...Saves me a trip out to the garage ;)

Agree CTR. This car's paint seems to be holding up much better than my last car (Miata) did, or even the Mustang for that matter. Believe me, I inspect the front end every time I wash it, which is weekly.

Reactions: CTR

·
Registered
486 Posts
BTW, Fixed it today by myself with the touch up kit form ebay mentioned here. looks gorgeous now :)

One free beer for the first one who is able to spot the repaired area in the video! ;)
Hint1: car is dirty so it's more complicated to spot
hint2: It IS visible, on both closeups :)
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.41.52 PM.png

:)

Anyone use the touch up paint from Ford yet?

·
Registered
562 Posts
View attachment 199050

:)

Anyone use the touch up paint from Ford yet?
The one I've used is the ford one from ebay. And yes, you were spot on on the touch up. Now it's almost impossible to note but the untrained eye. I've went over it once again for 3hs and I can not show it in pictures, I would say 98% perfect. A detailer would have a hard time to find it (but he would!)

So 100% recommended that product

·
Registered
486 Posts
The one I've used is the ford one from ebay. And yes, you were spot on on the touch up. Now it's almost impossible to note but the untrained eye. I've went over it once again for 3hs and I can not show it in pictures, I would say 98% perfect. A detailer would have a hard time to find it (but he would!)

So 100% recommended that product
I appreciate the feedback!

Also, I watched your video about 20 times on slow mo before I finally spotted it. LoL!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah... right :) First little thingy flying from a lawn mowing machine at about 30 foots on the side of the road hitting my passenger door relates the opposite :unconscious:
I bet you expect the glass to be bulletproof too... "chip resistant" is a relative term.... how large and fast is your "little thingy? flying? .... E=mc2

Reactions: Azampatti

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bet you expect the glass to be bulletproof too... "chip resistant" is a relative term.... how large and fast is your "little thingy? flying? .... E=mc2
0.2 grams at 30f distance by the speed that the propeller was doing I'm guessing a pretty hefty exit speed but the lack of weight plus the bad aerodynamics of the object in question (not counting air fluid resistance since should be almost meaningless) must have slowed the crap down of that thing by the time it reached my passenger door.

I barely herd like loose sand hitting the door, not even an impact :) Paint is not that good.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts