Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm lucky enough to be one of those who's flimsy license plate bracket has caused a couple of connections with the dealer installed screws and the paint. The injuries are extremely small and can be repaired with a little touch up. I went by the local dealer who had a hard time locating ay info on Stealth Grey. Once found, he told me it wasn't available yet and when it is, it will be a "vendor item". He also told me that the paint is a special "rock and chip resistant" paint and a small tube of touch up will run about 20 bucks. Is this real or just the dealer exacting his "price of RS ownership" lol....

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I knew it's been in use already, honestly more intrigued by the "stone and chip resistant" comment than the lack of availability. I'll look into the Dr. Color Chip route as well.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was my first thought as well...lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Reactions: mofoRS and Timeless

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
The promised February 20 date for Stealth Grey has come and gone.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Can confirm that they are not yet available from Ford, I placed an order for a NB touch up pen and had it cancelled by Ford because it wasn't available yet. I believe they told me it would be available by early March. So no its not total BS.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ordered this from my local Vancouver Island dealer recently:

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
241 Posts
Okay, so the paint is perfect. NB gets two base coats and a clear. All others will probably just get the base and clear (no sparkle coat).
Do you have a link to this supplier? The one I found on U.K. eBay seemed to only have just the two base coats in the 18ml and it didn't look like it included the clear coat. The larger sizes (which appear to be spray cans) have the three though.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Okay, so the paint is perfect. NB gets two base coats and a clear. All others will probably just get the base and clear (no sparkle coat).
Those are definitely of the German persuasion.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts