Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find the correct hi-temp paint for this application? I managed to keep the visible part of the Brembos pristine but chipped a bunch of places during the pad change. Seems like the paint is quite fragile.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi-Temp paint would be nice, but any automotive two stage that matches will work fine. Automotive paint can withstand the temperatures these normally get to.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I called Brembo in Cali. They only sell the upgraded kits, but the rep said that that RS blue is proprietary and he didn't see it listed in their system for a repair paint. We mayhave to use the NB touch up paint (first coat only, no sparkles) and then coat with a high temp clear coat.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I called Brembo in Cali. They only sell the upgraded kits, but the rep said that that RS blue is proprietary and he didn't see it listed in their system for a repair paint. We mayhave to use the NB touch up paint (first coat only, no sparkles) and then coat with a high temp clear coat.
The paint code for the calipers is pantone 293C. I painted my RSB to match the calipers. As you can see in the picture below, it's a very good match.

SwayBarAfter.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Try visiting your local strip club.

I'm more than sure that our color matches some popular finger nail polish colors.

/me ducks and runs away.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Ok I feel bad for inflicting our liquid lunch fueled snark on y'alls.

Sorry!

Here, in the hopes of some reprise, is a link to a tool so full of magic that you'll never scratch one again:
Brembo Caliper Pad Pin Punch

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Sorry!

Here, in the hopes of some reprise, is a link to a tool so full of magic that you'll never scratch one again:
I chipped the caliper everywhere except around those pins! Lucky they aren't visible with the wheels on :|

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts

Sorry!

Thanks for the update. I just put one of these in my shopping cart at Amazon.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Agreed. When I go on the link it looks almost performance blue. But his bar matches quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even from the image I can see its a very different colour. Close enough for something mounted under the car if your into that sort of thing but no good for a direct paint on paint match.

Ciao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts