Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the torque specs for the transmission, PTU, and RDU drain plugs? I have only found the oil drain plug online:

Oil: 26ft/lb
Trans:
PTU:
RDU:

These should be listed in the Helm service manual.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Snug?

That's a technical term. Yup.

If it leaks it's not tight enough. If you just snapped the head off... way too tight.

More seriously, anything with a copper seal should be 25ft/lb or so. But honestly, I've never used a torque wrench on such connections/fittings...

ETA: I don't mean to derail. As a list of torque specs for all things will be a great reference.

Reactions: Traffic22

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
What are the torque specs for the transmission, PTU, and RDU drain plugs? I have only found the oil drain plug online:

Trans:
PTU:
RDU:

There's no rocket science in general bolt torque it's a standard value. Unless its a big end cap, head bolts or some TTY bolt. For example a grade 8.8 10 X 1.5 bolt will be 37/28 ft/lbs dry/lubed. Its just about bolt dia,grade and clamping force. So if there are no specific torque requirements mentions use the std table.
IE Metric Bolt Torque Table - CNCexpo.com

Ciao

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no rocket science in general bolt torque it's a standard value. Unless its a big end cap, head bolts or some TTY bolt. For example a grade 8.8 10 X 1.5 bolt will be 37/28 ft/lbs dry/lubed. Its just about bolt dia,grade and clamping force. So if there are no specific torque requirements mentions use the std table.
IE Metric Bolt Torque Table - CNCexpo.com

Ciao
Thank you for the feedback. I'm accustomed to following the Helm manual, however, I didn't feel like dropping $170 for a PDF.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's built in Germany so maybe try German torque. Gutentight

·
Registered
56 Posts

Trans:
PTU:
RDU:

Your question was petty simple and I will provide you with a simple answer!

Oil: 19 ft/lb
Transmission: 26 ft/lb
PTU: 33 ft/lb
RDU: 26 ft/lb

I always follow the torque specs :)

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your question was petty simple and I will provide you with a simple answer!

Oil: 26 ft/lb
Transmission: 26 ft/lb
PTU: 33 ft/lb
RDU: 26 ft/lb

I always follow the torque specs :)

Thanks, do you know if the fill plugs are the same torque spec?

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I corrected my original post! But nothing I can do for the one that quoted me! Thanks for noticing the typo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts