Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Took the FoRS to Sonoma Raceway

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Snox801 
#1 · (Edited)
My track car is currently undergoing some maintenance, so rather than let a good track day go by, I took my FoRS to Sonoma Raceway. This car really does punch above its class at the track. It was a nice warm day, not too hot, and I only had one RDU shutdown during my most aggressive session. It did great. The car is completely stock, except for Toyo R888R tires and Carbotech XP10 brake pads.

Here are some laps:

My best lap was a 2:02.06, which sadly isn't on video. The ones above are the second best session. I paid the photographer for some glamour shots:

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive design
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

See less See more
1 3
#4 ·
I love Sonoma, specially the carousel, that rhythm section in the back (turns 7-8-9) and all the elevation changes. It stresses me the F out though with all those walls in such close proximity and so little run off, which is why I prefer T-hill.

How did the R888R's do over the length of a session? I hear they tend to do great the first couple of laps but then get greasy half way thru the session.

#5 ·
They get a little bit greasier relative to the beginning, but far better than most any tire I've used so far. My primary track car weighs half as much, so tires behave differently, hard to compare to alternatives. They're much better than the PS2's, which I've tracked once as well.

#9 ·
You should try the falcon rt660 next time. I really like those tires. But like you said I have them all n my rx8 so it’s hard to compare to my ps4 on my rs. They are definitely grippy and don’t seem to get nearly as slick after long runs, but it’s also a much slower and lighter car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.