Ford Focus RS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
61 in April.....first ever "new' car. Many, many cars, trucks, motorcycles and vans over the years. All used ! Partial list below...

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
52..I'm going to bury this DD by 2025.Hopefully my Vette project will finish by then.Silly RS will still run circles around the old '89

·
Registered
555 Posts
52..I'm going to bury this DD by 2025.Hopefully my Vette project will finish by then.Silly RS will still run circles around the old '89
Easy solution.....sell the Vette , mod the RS !!!

:driving:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow......its nice to see there are quite a few old fart gear heads here.....lol. I am 61 but in body only....the mind thinks much younger....lol. Even though I am a long time Mustang guy after owning 12 of them I am also a long time Focus guy having owned 7 of them. Recently had a 2013 and 2015 ST's before getting my RS two weeks ago. Its not quite the beast my 2014 Shelby GT500 was but for a fun factor ride its one of my favorite cars ever. It will hold me over for a few years while waiting for the prices to settle down on the new GT500's. But I will not be getting rid of this RS though. I do have a following for 4cyl turbos after owning 3 Mustang SVO's 85.5, Comp prep 86 and loaded 86. Also had an 88 Turbo T-bird coupe. But obviously none of these compared to the RS and today's technology.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm 41 and have owned my RS for a little over a week. We went carving through the mountains in Western NC (from Knoxville, TN) yesterday and had a blast. My wife commented on how the tires don't "squeak" through the corners. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
This car seems to be much more popular by the older crowd. I've seen more peoples kids driving this car than actually owning it. I am over 40 but under 50. LoL.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm 66 and just took delivery of my 2018 Race Red RS last week. I've been a gearhead all my life and decided to get this car to add to my collection. I have an Ecoboost Mustang and love to drive it. The RS is a different car, but tons of fun to drive too. I've owned turbocharged cars most of my life and the RS is the best of the breed! My neighbors keep asking me if I'm having a "mid-life" crisis. No...maybe a "later-life" crisis. Once you get car fever in your blood, you never lose it! I've seen a few other guys my age post on this topic and that makes me feel good. Old hot rodders never die...they just go faster!

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I'm 66 and just took delivery of my 2018 Race Red RS last week. I've been a gearhead all my life and decided to get this car to add to my collection. I have an Ecoboost Mustang and love to drive it. The RS is a different car, but tons of fun to drive too. I've owned turbocharged cars most of my life and the RS is the best of the breed! My neighbors keep asking me if I'm having a "mid-life" crisis. No...maybe a "later-life" crisis. Once you get car fever in your blood, you never lose it! I've seen a few other guys my age post on this topic and that makes me feel good. Old hot rodders never die...they just go faster!
Totally agree. It never goes away. Over 70 and still enjoy it.

Reactions: carver

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am 66 years old and have been a gearhead or motorhead if you will, since I was 14 years old. I have been mostly a Mustang pilot but my first Ford product was actually a 1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7. This RS is probably the most fun to drive, especially in an autocross. I have always modified the performance cars I have owned, but I think I will just leave the RS bone stock as it is so balanced already.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just turned 53, but I have two small kids, a 4-year-old and an 8-year-old. It helps to have four doors with kids, otherwise I'd probably drive a gt350 or a Stingray instead. I love the RS, but it's really a compromise solution for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
40 here

haha 47, though it seems that it takes till this late in life to be able to afford* a sports car for a lot of people.

*afford = not just $$, but fitting it into your life/style
Totally agree with you. I'm curious on the young folks of 25 and under, are you independently wealthy, killer job, or love this car so much that you will sacrifice anything?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm 49.

I divorced in 2015. i was left with a TON of debt just to get rid of her and make the courts happy. No Alimony, no kids...got lucky.

At the time I was laid off. No job, Mountain of debt. So I got my CDL A license and found a company with unlimited OT, driving local. OTR = No life.
I worked my ass off, paid off all debts like a BOSS. My 02 Buick Regal GS was on it's last leg so I did my homework and got the RS.
Never did I ever think I would walk into a FORD dealer and buy a Brand New Ford...hell no.....But those sneaky engineers at FORD knew how to get guys like me to buy their product.
I still can't believe a stock 4 banger can make such power...more than my old 3800 Supercharged Buick.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m 54, people often comment I look early 40s. My recent girlfriend was 37.
Worked hard all my life, This is how I have fun

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I married a much younger woman as well. She’s trying to keep up.
The best part is, she hasn’t heard any of my generations stupid jokes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just turned 40 a month or 2 ago.

Before posting here, I thought for sure I'd be one of the older guys driving one of these. My wife has called it my "mid-life crisis car".

·
Registered
371 Posts
GmpaJimj and I are the same age (72) and since we are talking about wives/girl friends my wife is 17 years younger than I am. she likes to ride with me on track days (road courses) and is not too happy if we don't make at least one NHRA national event every year as spectators. I won't post a pic of my latest toy but I can say it comes in 12 gage and has a spare 10 round clip for home defense.

181 - 200 of 201 Posts