Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dislike the wheels that came on this car. Unattractive and not useful at 19x8 and 24 pounds or whatever they are. I am debating selling these wheels, but am hesitant being that it is a "limited edition" car. My thinking is these wheels are everywhere and if I ever sell the car and the buyer has to have them, it's not impossible.

I don't know. I already have a box of take off parts, I was planning on keeping all of it for resale value. I just keep walking past them in my basement thinking what I could do with another 2000 or 2500 bucks.

Thoughts? Value of the wheels and with <500 mile PSS tires?

Thanks,
Ted

·
Registered
58 Posts
At a minimum I'd strip off the tires, they'll be completely worthless if they're 5 years old with 500 miles on them. They're probably half of the value of what you have there. I'd probably keep the wheels for completeness but I'm a bit of a freak like that. I have both my stock non-forged wheels and the winter wheel, and I've thought about adding a set of forged even though I won't use them. $2-2.5k is probably not going to happen though based on what I've seen here (and what I paid for my never mounted winter wheel package).

·
Registered
556 Posts
The wheels were a $1400 option on the 16&17s. There’s nothing special about the LE wheel other than the center cap that anyone can buy.

I’ll leave it at this... a dreamer can dream.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
They are no big deal and will not affect resale. I sold my wheels without a thought or care. They're heavy and I don't like 35 series tires. 18" tires are much better priced and I went to 40 series tires on both sets of my aftermarket wheels (Summer tires on one set, all seasons on the other set). My main motivation was weight, to reduce unsprung weight. My summer setup dropped 11 lbs per corner, my winter setup dropped 10 lbs per corner. Sell them hos.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I agree with the views expressed. Sell them and enjoy your car set up the way you want to.

As far as the snarky comments on price. Hard to say. I bought lightweight forged wheels and winter wheels right away and sold my stock forged set. I was completely reasonable and charged what Ford optioned these at plus shipping to another forum member. No interest in making money off anyone here. However, notwithstanding the option package price, you can search the threads and see that the Ford pricing to replace a single wheel is essentially the same price as the entire option package from the factory. Yes insane. And maybe with the growing number of wrecked cars these will become available for less. So in theory they are priced at some much higher number. Who knows. I just know members said to hell with it and bought third party better wheels for the pricing Ford wanted for a wheel.
They are no big deal and will not affect resale. I sold my wheels without a thought or care. They're heavy and I don't like 35 series tires. 18" tires are much better priced and I went to 40 series tires on both sets of my aftermarket wheels (Summer tires on one set, all seasons on the other set). My main motivation was weight, to reduce unsprung weight. My summer setup dropped 11 lbs per corner, my winter setup dropped 10 lbs per corner. Sell them hos.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've seen the ST guys pay reasonable money for the forged wheels, at least early on. Not sure how prices have evolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
I ordered the car with the optional forged wheels. Car arrived 13 months later, hated them at first sight. Sold'em with 20 miles on them.
Remember anything with wheels is not a good investment. So holding on to them thinking they'll be collectable...not gonna happen. Sell them while there is demand.

I am currently sitting on a set of brand new 2014 GT500 PP wheels and tires...can't seem to get rid of them now. Sold car last summer.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I will be interested to see what the OP replaces his "ugly" forged wheels with.............

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I will be interested to see what the OP replaces his "ugly" forged wheels with.............
meh, some people just aren't a fan of the design. I know I wasn't. They were already on the car when I bought it, so much like OP, I fixed the issue.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
meh, some people just aren't a fan of the design. I know I wasn't. They were already on the car when I bought it, so much like OP, I fixed the issue.
And TE37's are an excellent replacement....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
And TE37's are an excellent replacement....
Those were custom builds for the group buy with 10 sets each of TE37'ss and CE28n's.... They don't sell them in our bolt pattern, so only way to get your hands on a set will be if someone is selling theirs.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Those were custom builds for the group buy with 10 sets each of TE37'ss and CE28n's.... They don't sell them in our bolt pattern, so only way to get your hands on a set will be if someone is selling theirs.
I'm happy with my OE forged ("ugly") rims....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sell them. I sold mine within a couple months of getting my car. I didn't care for them, and I was able to get a wheel/tire combo that I really wanted for the same price that I sold them for.

That said, you won't get $2000 for them. Including the tires, you'll probably get close to $1500.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Having Forged wheels from the factory works for me - better an "ugly" forged wheel versus a handsome cast wheel.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Having Forged wheels from the factory works for me - better an "ugly" forged wheel versus a handsome cast wheel.
Lol didn't mean to trigger you boys! I wouldn't be complaining if they were 18x9 instead of 19x8! Enkei cast wheels are strong, but I think I'll be doing a set of braids for not much more than the enkeis. Ciao!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts