Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So will will the RS need mud flaps or not with the way the side skirt is? Can tell how big an issue this will be. Don't want ever rock punching a new hole in my side panel's paint job. Or is putting a mud flap on this car like putting fish-hose stockings on your Grandma and taking her to Arby's? I.e just don't ever, ever, ever do it!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Likely RallyArmor. Even on-road cars get douched with debris in our climate. Mudflaps of some kind really help.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have my rally armour black on black on my st they are just being swapped over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have my rally armour black on black on my st they are just being swapped over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What he said

·
Registered
262 Posts
I will install splash guards only behind the front wheels if Ford offers them.

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I too don't like how they install them so far out, but you can install where you like as I did

But they do keep the road debris from chipping paint, there are rocks everywhere not just gravel roads!!
At first I was like WAAAT an MK1 RS with Texas plates!?!? Then I read your sig. Doesn't matter though, it looks good man. Props. I love that color.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I too don't like how they install them so far out, but you can install where you like as I did

View attachment 2790 View attachment 2791

But they do keep the road debris from chipping paint, there are rocks everywhere not just gravel roads!!
That's exactly what I was thinking. When there's an inch of mudflap sticking out at the TOP, it just looks wrong... Or, at least like they didn't make a set in your application. I like how you've got them there. That's perfect. About as subtle as you can, but still seriously useful.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Most likely. Need to check out tho how itll look with my Project Idea. But I can see them being standard on the Car for the winter.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 426 Posts
About this Discussion
425 Replies
190 Participants
[email protected]
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing