·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they look cool and seem to fit well I wouldn’t spend a whole lot on them though.
They're cheap. Surprisingly cheap, given the fitment and overall look.

Lots of different styles, more fins, different shapes, carbon fiber too if you want to go that route.

It kind of reminds me of the old mustang fastbacks with the same idea in mind. Except those were functional?

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Can you provide the link on where you got it?

I was checking that spot out for the past two days when I drive if it would be a blind spot when that's installed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
When they added these on older cars, the idea was to reduce the exposed glass to block out the sun and some privacy (kinda like how blinds work on a regular window), plus it made for a nice styling accent. Tinting does a similar effect, and to me, makes for a more uniform and cohesive design for modern cars.

I like the idea of it, but not too crazy about the execution of that particular quarter louver. Combined with the dark tint, it looks like somebody just stuck on some tiny vents on the middle of the window. Maybe if it covered the whole window kinda like the Mustang ones?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Once you have determined you are prepared to pay the cost in monetary terms there's an easy rationale for decisions like these.
1...... if its a functional item will it actually provide a benefit?
2...... If its a cosmetic item is there any negative consequences?
3.......Do I need to do any non reversible mods to fit it?

In this case aesthetics aside my only question would be increased wind noise, maybe.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
I have A 380mm Broadway mirror and I can see through that window.

Also when I turn my head I can see through opposite window for cars.

Still debating, definitely inexpensive and it will compliment the window visors i have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No wind buffeting or noise when driving fast, definitely took them for a spin.

For the price can't go wrong other styles too even like the Mustang one posted.

Thanks for the feedback all, some good conversation.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Not to derail this thread too much, but how are you liking your mirror? I find the C-pillars are way too thick for a wide/convex mirror to make much sense
That's what I thought at first, till my sister put a 380mm on her CMax. I can see the corner of the front side windows on the mirror.

Quite honestly i rarely turn my head nowadays except for parking.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I remember when louvers were huge in the late 70's early 80's. Like someone said earlier most of the louvers on the market were for sun protection especially on fastback/hatchback cars with long rear glass. I actually like louvers in general and especially like them on older cars. I scoured the internet for a long time to find a rare set of aluminum louvers for my MK2 Golf and eventually ended up selling them for quite a bit of money as they just didn't fit the theme of my car (should have kept them for garage art).

Funny thing is, if you keep this car for oh lets say 25+ years these louvers could become a sought after weird piece of aftermarket unobtanium no longer in production lol. :ughdance:

I'm ranting now but I say if you like them keep em on. Though, I think they would look better if...

1. There was one more louver in front and took up more of the window area
2. The louver was a satin black instead of gloss. Of course I would cover the piano black door pillar inserts with a satin clear PPF to match. This may not work on your car though as you have a gloss rear wing, but I don't like the contrast of the rubber molding up against the gloss pillars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I previously owned a Mustang with louvers. To be honest they look cool. But the maintenance is such a hassel/pain. Water gets trapped inside the louvers and water spots will form on the window. Makes it very difficult to dry. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like them on the older mustangs but not on these new cars, RS or the new mustang included...I think they take away from the lines of the car but that's just my opinion.

I even got a great deal on a local set of carbon fiber side louvers to match my cf wing on the mustang, but after mulling it over for a few weeks I couldn't bring myself to put them on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts