Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
sorta happy there arent wheel options yet. I want my car to arrive before I have buyers remorse over the forged wheels. ;)
For the money though I'm not sure how you could. An OEM quality set of forged rims for 1,300. Even if I got bored of the style or wanted a set of superlights, I would not be upset at all about checking that option. The Cup2s on the other hand being twice as much as the PSS, that I may kick myself for when it came time to replace them :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm thinking of powder coating the stock forged wheels before I buy something aftermarket. Not sure what color for nitrous blue though.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
For the money though I'm not sure how you could. An OEM quality set of forged rims for 1,300. Even if I got bored of the style or wanted a set of superlights, I would not be upset at all about checking that option. The Cup2s on the other hand being twice as much as the PSS, that I may kick myself for when it came time to replace them :D
I guess I look at it slightly differently. would be a steal if the forged came in addition to the stockers, but $1300 + whatever the takeback cost of the stock rims would come to is how I perceive it. so more like $2000+?
my guess (hope) is that the stock forged will be very light and hard to make much lighter, but SSR and friends could easily prove me wrong.
the only thing I could hope for would be an extra .5-1" of width, but its obviously not a deal breaker, 8" is enough to get it done.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yea, if you factor in the take offs, then the it's not much of a deal. I'm sure though if you wanted to buy the wheels after the fact, they would run about 500-600 a piece. We don't no definite weight yet just 1.5lbs lighter per wheel over the base ones. I feel you on the extra width, but track time will have to prove if it is even needed or not. We are told over 1G of grip, but it has not been stated on which tire yet.

I guess I look at it slightly differently. would be a steal if the forged came in addition to the stockers, but $1300 + whatever the takeback cost of the stock rims would come to is how I perceive it. so more like $2000+?
my guess (hope) is that the stock forged will be very light and hard to make much lighter, but SSR and friends could easily prove me wrong.
the only thing I could hope for would be an extra .5-1" of width, but its obviously not a deal breaker, 8" is enough to get it done.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
thats the right way to look at it

·
Registered
334 Posts
Awesome! Not the best looking wheels, but totally affordable for creating a set of winter wheels. Just have to find the winter tires for a less expensive option to the Winter Package ford offers.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Awesome! Not the best looking wheels, but totally affordable for creating a set of winter wheels. Just have to find the winter tires for a less expensive option to the Winter Package ford offers.
Affordable, hardly...and they're still 19's. Drop down to 18"'s at the least for winters, the brake calipers limit the drop to a 17" wheel I understand. You really need that sidewall movement in winter. Give tire rack till next fall, you'll see a sub $150 each winter wheel that'll fit. Running 18" winters will open up the winter tire choice, the ability to run a 17"....even more. Big Nokian fan here, since 1990.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Affordable, hardly...and they're still 19's. Drop down to 18"'s at the least for winters, the brake calipers limit the drop to a 17" wheel I understand. You really need that sidewall movement in winter. Give tire rack till next fall, you'll see a sub $150 each winter wheel that'll fit. Running 18" winters will open up the winter tire choice, the ability to run a 17"....even more. Big Nokian fan here, since 1990.
Solid advice. Already bookmarked the thread so I can look this up again when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Always wanted to try a set of Nokian's as I have heard nothing but good things. Throw a set on and pretty much plow through anything.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Now if they would just use a actual Focus RS instead of the ST image

·
Registered
322 Posts
You've got it backwards. The higher the offset, the further in towards the car it gets.
Yeah I know....my point was to say that compared to a concave look, which I prefer, the center hub is as far out as they come compared to +38ET, etc. I just envisioned the hub on this wheel offset sticking out farther than the wheel lip (extreme exaggerating), when in fact with a concave look the tire would definitely pop. I see your point, I mispoke-not funny at all.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Now if they would just use a actual Focus RS instead of the ST image
Atleast they're not using that fake RS rendering of a sedan with hood vents like my business card maker. I had to get a GT350 on my card instead :(

And I really like these wheels and may be easier to clean than stock Mk.3 wheels. White on Nitrous blue would be cool.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
20 Participants
rewind
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing